Automated Fixtures Chauvet Q-Spot Service Manual/Schematic

bigdarkspot

I run a small repair shop for professional lighting and audio equipment in Seattle. A client just brought me two Q-Spot 575s to repair.

In the past I've had good luck contacting manufacturers for service information, however Chauvet doesn't seem to want to send me any service information for the Q-Spot 575. I'll take some time and see if I can figure out what's where without any guidance, but it would be nice to have parts diagrams, schematics, wiring diagrams and the like for these units.

Chauvet suggested I take the units to a local shop for repair. When I explained that I am that local shop, they said they can't send any information to me.

I haven't powered the units up on the bench yet, but the client reports that they display a heat error immediately after homing (so they obviously aren't hot yet). My next step is to verify that's what the problem really is. Does anybody know if there's a thermal sensor that may be damaged, or at least have a schematic I could look at for these units?

Most of my clients don't use Chauvet equipment, so this is the first time I've had one of these in the shop.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Getting service manuals from Chauvet may be all but impossible, as is often the case with equipment from China-co. That said, there are several "button" type heat sensors on them and is sounds like one has failed or been damaged.

Hey Jeff,
Pm me on Monday, and I'll see what I can scrape up.
The QSpot 575 predates me by a few years, but if we have any support docs, I'll get them to you.

I have repaired several of these 575's, check these: (in order of likelyhood of causing the problem) lamp and lamp connections, ignitor, ballast, and relay board. I have had all of these fail, and can help with locating and repairing if needed, just pm me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back