Chauvet Rogue 3 spot

Crisp image

Good evening all.
I have just helped a friend hang some new Rouge 3 spots(25ch mode) and have found something strange.
For control we are using ETC Nomad with Ver 2.7.4
We have found the pan/tilt is 90deg out so when I pan it tilts and tilts when panned.
The orientation is display facing the audience when hung.
We have also found the colour wheel is out by one colour so when we select red in the ML controls we get Yellow.
These are straight out of the box today with no prior usage except factory testing.

Does any one have any ideas?

Regards
Geoff

I've noticed this as well with our Chauvet Maverick Profiles. We don't have the reversed pan and tilt, but we do have the issue with the color wheel and gobo wheel being off by one position. I think there are also inconsistencies with the zoom. Our profiles zoom opposite to other fixtures in the rig. My gut is that the ETC written profiles are incorrect. You can post these issues in the ETC support forums. They are usually very good about correcting them quickly. I haven't had the time to do that yet.

I've noticed this as well with our Chauvet Maverick Profiles. We don't have the reversed pan and tilt, but we do have the issue with the color wheel and gobo wheel being off by one position. I think there are also inconsistencies with the zoom. Our profiles zoom opposite to other fixtures in the rig. My gut is that the ETC written profiles are incorrect. You can post these issues in the ETC support forums. They are usually very good about correcting them quickly. I haven't had the time to do that yet.
I have posted on the ETC forums (covering my bases). Our Gobo wheel is ok just the colour wheels except for the open white are wrong. It is strange that the pan tilt is 90deg out but that could be changed in the profile too.

ETC has told me that it farms out their fixture profiles to a third party. Some of their profiles are great, ETCs fixtures for one. Some are just bad, Chauvet in particular has been an issue with us. Some problem like pan and tilt are an easy fix. Others, like the HUGE red shift in my S-PAR 1 fixtures lead me to believe they have never seen one and just used a generic profile. I have mentioned the problems to both companies at LDI and was told by Chauvet that they would send a fixture if asked. When I told ETC this they were non committal. Obviously ETC wants us to by their LEDs and High End's movers. What they should realize is that they don't always have the right tools for what I need, IP65 rated fixtures for one, and that those of us in educational settings have tight budgets and can't always afford their equipment. I know that some folks from ETC are in this forum, I hope that they will see this thread and respond. Just to be clear I am a very heavy ETC user and have equipped multiple venues with their gear. There are 8 full Sensor racks in my building and i just installed a full LED gallery light system. All three spaces wash lights are Desires. But sometimes a Desire or S4 is not the right tool for the job and I own other companies products. I need them to work seemlessly with each other on EOS. Sorry to hijack this thread, spent a long night programming Nutcracker and now I have to tweak my fill lights since the color picker and gel picker are so far off between a D60 and the S-Par 1 as to be useless.

ETC has told me that it farms out their fixture profiles to a third party. Some of their profiles are great, ETCs fixtures for one. Some are just bad, Chauvet in particular has been an issue with us. Some problem like pan and tilt are an easy fix. Others, like the HUGE red shift in my S-PAR 1 fixtures lead me to believe they have never seen one and just used a generic profile. I have mentioned the problems to both companies at LDI and was told by Chauvet that they would send a fixture if asked. When I told ETC this they were non committal. Obviously ETC wants us to by their LEDs and High End's movers. What they should realize is that they don't always have the right tools for what I need, IP65 rated fixtures for one, and that those of us in educational settings have tight budgets and can't always afford their equipment. I know that some folks from ETC are in this forum, I hope that they will see this thread and respond. Just to be clear I am a very heavy ETC user and have equipped multiple venues with their gear. There are 8 full Sensor racks in my building and i just installed a full LED gallery light system. All three spaces wash lights are Desires. But sometimes a Desire or S4 is not the right tool for the job and I own other companies products. I need them to work seemlessly with each other on EOS. Sorry to hijack this thread, spent a long night programming Nutcracker and now I have to tweak my fill lights since the color picker and gel picker are so far off between a D60 and the S-Par 1 as to be useless.

Hi @Lextech ,

We (along with other manufacturers) use a company called Carallon to assist us in providing fixture profile information as there are too many fixtures and manufacturers out there for us to be able to keep up with all of them. If fixture manufacturers send a physical fixture to Carallon, that fixture is characterized as the golden example of the fixture and, where possible, color calibration data is captured and shared for use in fixture libraries. However, a majority of profile information is written based on the fixture's manual and/or DMX chart without ever seeing a physical unit. Unfortunately, if we don't have the color calibration data, we can't know that a particular fixture model is off from the generic color model. This appears to be the case for the S-PAR 1 as there is no color calibration data in the library.

In every fixture library update, we include an HTML page that lists all of the fixtures in the library, their modes, names, and whether we have color calibration data for the fixture. If you see that your fixture doesn't have color calibration data and color matching is important to you, we encourage you to reach out to the fixture manufacturer to have them send a fixture to Carallon for characterization. That data can then be added to the library in a future update. We also encourage you to reach out to us on our forums or via email to let us know that you'd like us to make sure to include the color calibration in an update (this flags us to be watching for the update rather than passively including it at some undetermined future date).

It should be noted, even if a fixture does have color calibration data, that is not a guarantee that your fixtures will match the characterized fixture. LEDs can vary by a number of factors and depending on the choices made by the fixture manufacturer on how narrow of a range they will accept to use in their fixtures. The emitters used in the "golden" fixture sent to Carallon may vary from those used in forward production. If you find small discrepancies, it is likely a variation in individual fixture manufacture or age/use of emitters. I'd recommend using discrete color palettes to work around this issue to tweak those fixtures that are not quite right. If you find large discrepancies, it is possible that either the characterization is incorrect or the fixture manufacturer made a change that affected the validity of the color calibration. In those cases, I would recommend that you let us know that the calibration is having an issue (so we can make sure there weren't code issues in our software) and also let the fixture manufacturer know as well as they may have updated their manufacturing process and may need to send an updated fixture to be (re)characterized.

As a non-sales person, I can say that while we'd love to have you purchase ETC and High End products exclusively, we understand that isn't always possible in every application. We do strive to make our consoles work as seamlessly as possible with third party gear, however we are limited by the data we receive.

@Crisp image , Thank you for reaching out to us on the ETC forums. It appears to be that you've reached a resolution, but if there is more we can do, please let us know.

I was just going through the Mk2 Profile manual for another thread, and found this note about 'Beam Correction' on page 24:

Perhaps this is the root of your issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back