Chauvet Rogue R2 Spot Problem. Intermittent.

akhracer

Hello,
...Had an issue with a Chauvet Rogue R2 spot. Fixture #6 in a 6 fixture chain of R2 spots would every so often flicker on/off (light) for a second. Pan/Tilt/Colors were fine. Fixture didn't reset or anything like that. Just it would be on and then the light would, at random, intermittent points, go black and right back on. If it was off, it didn't flash on... but if on eventually it would blink off then back on. I don't think it was the shutter randomly closing/opening. I suppose it could've been though.
Changed DMX cable between fixture 5 and 6. Tried with and without termination. No change.
There were also 6 Rogue Washes on the same universe, but on a different split from the DMX optical splitter. No issues there.
The fixture has relatively low hours and has never had this issue until last night.

Curious about ideas or if anyone has had this issue before and sorted it out?

This sounds like it may be an issue with your thermal sensor. Please call customer service on Monday, and they will sort you right out.

This sounds like it may be an issue with your thermal sensor. Please call customer service on Monday, and they will sort you right out.

Hi Ford-

I'm continually amazed by the owners/users of equipment who do not directly contact the manufacturer/distributor first. You guys know your gear and where/how the glitches and failures manifest themselves, certainly better than most of us end users.

We've got 14 Rogue R2 and so far they've been flawless... :)

As long as you can describe the symptoms, and know the serial number, they should be able to sort you out quickly.

I'm assuming it's the thermal, but I may be incorrect. Your best bet is to get the service guys on the phone. They deal with this stuff all the time.

A few questions to be prepared to answer.
How long have you had the fixture?
Did you get it new?
Is it still under warranty?
If so, we can do a warranty repair pretty quickly.

If it's not under warranty, or if you don't want to wait for someone else to repair it, it's pretty easy to swap a thermal, if you are a decent tech.

Hi Ford-

I'm continually amazed by the owners/users of equipment who do not directly contact the manufacturer/distributor first. You guys know your gear and where/how the glitches and failures manifest themselves, certainly better than most of us end users.

We've got 14 Rogue R2 and so far they've been flawless... :)
Sometimes that's true. Probably moreso in this industry than most. But people can have other, perfectly serviceable motivations for asking their community about such things before they "bother" the vendor...

What continually amazes *me* is that people seeing such a question would chose "dump on the asker" over "show off by knowing a/the answer" or the alternative, and also serviceable "don't say anything". :)

Don't take that personal; I'm not talking about you in particular -- it happens *a lot* *all over the net*.

I think I made my case for "go right to the source, and ask the the horse" (Mr. Ed theme, you might be old enough to remember, Jay).

Its not just in theater or production forums, either. A post in a recreational vehicle forum about a refrigerator failure on a 3 week old, $300k motor home - I think calling the dealer (good luck, they're clueless) and the customer support line at the manufacturer would be the place to start as those are the folks who got the buyer's money. Unless the buyer already has had multiple, negative interactions with the manufacturer I don't understand the propensity for "hive mind" solutions when the people you paid for a product (including a warranty) do not get consulted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back