Chauvet Slim par pro

thompsor

7 of my slimpar pros are not transmitting a dmx signal. (Other instruments are working fine on the ion)
Would anyone happen to know how to fix this without having to send the instruments back to the manufacturer? greatly appreciated.

Not sure what "transmitting " a DMX signal means in relationship to a fixture which normally "receives" DMX from a transmitter (console).
Are you saying that your fixtures do not pass the DMX thru to the next fixture in the signal chain? Or do you mean they are not receiving DMX?
Have you plugged each fixture individually into your console with a known good DMX cable to eliminate other factors?

"Receiving" Its a hardware issue I'm sure, but I was hoping someone might have figured out some sort of bypass or something.

If you've performed methodical troubleshooting and determined that the fixtures are indeed totally unresponsive to DMX, then moving forward your options are to replace parts.

Methodical troubleshooting, in this case, means pulling the fixtures down and, using a known-good DMX cable, plugging each one directly into your console and checking functionality. It'd be pretty wild for seven of them to fail all at once, so my suspicion is you have one bad fixture or cable.

If you've performed methodical troubleshooting and determined that the fixtures are indeed totally unresponsive to DMX, then moving forward your options are to replace parts.

Methodical troubleshooting, in this case, means pulling the fixtures down and, using a known-good DMX cable, plugging each one directly into your console and checking functionality. It'd be pretty wild for seven of them to fail all at once, so my suspicion is you have one bad fixture or cable.

I've pulled them all and ran a good dmx cable to the board and nothing. They went down 4 on the first day then the following week three more went.

I've pulled them all and ran a good dmx cable to the board and nothing. They went down 4 on the first day then the following week three more went.
@thompsor Running down a list of dumb queries; they've all got:
- Power.
- The correct voltage.
- Real power, not from a dimmer parked at full.
- A suitable ambient temperature.
- Not overheated by surrounding air.
- If they have internal fans, are they running and moving air?
- All interior and exterior access covers are tightly closed and latched.
@Ford
@GreyWyvern
@derekleffew
@TimMc
@JD
Care to join the party?
EDIT: Added one more dumb point to ponder.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Last edited:
Power outages can dunk fixtures pretty easily if happened multiple times.

Also did you have constant power for them or did you run them off your dimmers.

Not impossible that it was a bad run of units. I would defiantly call customer service.

I just (literally, just this afternoon) sent a fixture in that, when plugged into a chain of other instruments, would screw up the whole chain no matter where it was *in* that chain. So you probably need to find the bad instrument. But yeah, if you've already gone through the troubleshooting process, perhaps you got a bunch of units made at 4:50 on a Friday.

I, in recent memory, had an issue that took out half my rig; and sent me searching for the bad dmx cable. Turned out that wi-fly was turned on on one of my fixtures and was thus interfering with signal transmission. Looks like the slim par pro has d-fi, perhaps it got turned on by mistake?

I have one that just went out as well (SlimPAR64). It just decided that it needed to be full on, and refuses to respond to the console. When it is plugged in, it actually also messes with the fixture directly upstream of it in the chain, causing it to not respond either. It is in 4CH DMX mode, and when the cable is plugged in, the little dot blinks indicating it is receiving the DMX signal. Don't know what its deal is.

Hi Thompsor,

Please contact our Customer Service team to help troubleshoot your SlimPAR Pro fixtures. We are available M-F from 9-5PM. The number is (800) 762-1084 and we are happy to help you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back