Chauvet SlimPar56 and ETC ColorSourceAV

I am trying to add some lights to an existing setup. I have an ETC ColorSourceAV light console (running outdated software, but I'm not updating until after our show in a couple of weeks, don't want to tempt fate), and I want to add some Chauvet SlimPar56 lights. I've plugged the lights into the board, using a 3-5pin adapter, and tried running the light in either 3-channel or 7-channel DMX mode to no avail. I made sure there were no DMX overlaps and set the lights to the starting DMX address where the lights were patched on the board. I have absolutely no control over the lights.

When viewing my DMX universe, I noticed that all of my other lights are running 5 DMX channels, and I didn't know if that makes any difference.

If this is a software issue, I will have to deal with it later, but I figured I would ask here, and see if anyone has any other suggestions.

Hey, Welcome!

Assuming everything is patched correctly, and there isn't a signal issue between the board and the fixture, i'd glance the the manual and make sure everything lines up in terms a DMX mode. I'm not intimately familliar with the default profiles loaded on the ColourSource, but there is likely a generic 3 channel RGB profile you can use already built in.

According to the manual, in three channel mode, the fixture is a straight 0-255 Red, Green, Blue. If you're really desperate, you can patch three incandescent dimmers and manually operate RGB with the faders.

Sounds like you didn’t grab the right profile from the library. I would look at your patch again and double check you didn’t mess something up. The touch screen is small and easily to fudge something else.

I got one on my test bench doing some break in tests and since I have to work tomorrow ( stupid Super Computing) I will look at the library and see what they have for profiles.

This is the menu you need to select your fixtures.
295E260A-4A5C-44E5-AD27-F6CC6AA3EBAA.jpeg

Ok then after you patch your fixtures to whatever addresses you want should look like this.
73092E69-1A7F-42F0-8F47-1B0F45B1B787.jpeg

Then you need to make sure you are on the right set of channels to control it. After going back to the main screen you can select on the left 1-20 and 21-40 as you can see from my picture I set them 21-26 for easy access on the second page.
76F16D49-12A6-4FC8-BFC5-7395F141EE17.jpeg

And whala everything should be working. Now I don’t have a fixture to actually show you that it is working so you could have a cabling issue but from the sounds of it you just didn’t patch the fixture right.

lol Yeah it fits perfectly in the submaster section.

It looks to me as if your Chauvet have overlapping DMX values
I forgot to mention that part if they are overlapping they will show a red color. Good catch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back