Cheap/Free Light Plot Software?

What Light Plot software do you use?

• Total voters

thorin81

Does anyone know of a cheaper, effective light plotting software? I really like SoftPlot, but the demo is so limited that I can't do anything with it. VW is just too expensive, and WYS is not effective for what I need. Does anyone know of a good, cheaper/free alternative?

Can't wait to hear from ya'll!!

-Nick
thorin81

lx designer...ive messed around wtih it a few times

AutoCAD.

since when was LightWrite a plotting program? thats a paperwork program.

though, i personally think that the best is hand drafting.

I believe a student version of Vectorworks is only about $200. That's what i got. I searched around for some alternatives, but always came back to VW, SoftPlot, WYG.

I believe Microlux has a free version, I use wyg, but plan on switching to VW, the drafting in wyg sucks.

Wysiwyg is unveiling a new pricing structure in January of 2006. Maybe along with a new pricing structure they'll update the CAD interface. I agree Radman, compared to AutoCADD wyg just sucks.

Academic Superstore has great student discounts. Vectorworks 12 + Renderworks 12 is only like $159.90 for K-12 and college students! I just found it today and I plan on buying VW along with some other things (maybe a 2 gig SanDisk memory key!) soon! They also have free ground shipping (at least currently they do)!

k-12 eh? I wonder how many 1st graders buy vector works in a year?

kingfisher1 said:
k-12 eh? I wonder how many 1st graders buy vector works in a year?

K12 is the industry term for the lower-ed vertical.

www.journeyed.com is another one of those discount stores.

Personally, I used to draw it all by hand, I had paper I'd printed that had scale outlines of stage, locations of pipes, etc and I'd draw whatever I wanted on it by hand. USually used lightwright to do the paperwork though Excel can do it just as well.

Given that U2 finished in Sydney last night or the night before, they must be in Melbourne in the next day or two...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back