Check it out - new website for my facility

Updated my OS X to 10.6.8 and now I am getting the same issue, but only when I first mouse over the link. After the first time it displays correctly. I wouldn't worry about it. Seems to be an issue with Safari. I'm sure Apple will correct it in the next update.

The same thing happens in Chrome as well. It works fine in Explorer but not sure what the deal is with the other browsers. I messed with the java script a bit and nothing changes it. :twisted:

Oops, try again. Re-uploaded the packet today and forget to change some code.

Perfect :)

I'm getting the same drop box positioning problem with Chrome as well. All I know is that every time I design websites, a lot of things that work fine in I.E. don't work anywhere else, and things that work everywhere else don't work in I.E.

Good Luck :)

Perfect :)

I'm getting the same drop box positioning problem with Chrome as well. All I know is that every time I design websites, a lot of things that work fine in I.E. don't work anywhere else, and things that work everywhere else don't work in I.E.

Good Luck :)

I've been doing web design for over four years now, and i've learned that you should just ignore IE in its entirety. I know it is used very often by a lot of people, but that is the hardest browser to make happy (firefox is a close second).

I've been doing web design for over four years now, and i've learned that you should just ignore IE in its entirety. I know it is used very often by a lot of people, but that is the hardest browser to make happy (firefox is a close second).

Go Safari!!!

…you should just ignore IE in its entirety. I know it is used very often by a lot of people, but that is the hardest browser to make happy

Unfortunately, because IE is used by lots of people, it really means you kind of have to support it well, as painful as that can be. ;)

I suggest you use something like Google Analytics to track how many people visit your site, and what browsers actual visitors use. People that aren't as technical are less likely to be using Chrome or Firefox. Google Analytics allows you to get heaps of useful information, like where visitors actually come from (and do things like see which visitors came from ControlBooth and might create a bias in your other statistics, compared to other visitors)

Unfortunately, because IE is used by lots of people, it really means you kind of have to support it well, as painful as that can be. ;)

I suggest you use something like Google Analytics to track how many people visit your site, and what browsers actual visitors use. People that aren't as technical are less likely to be using Chrome or Firefox. Google Analytics allows you to get heaps of useful information, like where visitors actually come from (and do things like see which visitors came from ControlBooth and might create a bias in your other statistics, compared to other visitors)

I do monitor all of my websites in my cpanel. Safari is the #1 browser with 45.7% followed by IE with 25.8%. Then its FF, Android, iOS. Thanks for the Google Analytics tip. I'm going to sign up and compare results.

Based on browser usage 'net wide, those stats sound a bit skewed.
File:Web browser usage share v2.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How many unique page views have you had?

I know they are skewed a little bit, but that's what they are. The site averages around 100 unique visitors per month (it's only been around for 2.5 months and I never said it gets a lot of traffic). My target audience is different than another websites target audience. And yes, I'm not counting the hits from my computer.

My take on the whole IE thing is that IE is too big of a pain to worry about. The site will display fine, not perfect, but useable. So I don't see a huge reason to spend hours to fix one little bug. I know this is not the "professional" opinion (to ignore IE) or a the "popular" one, but it's what I chose to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back