The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Checking In

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by SteveB, Mar 20, 2004.

1. SteveB

SteveB Well-Known Member

Hey folks, I'm a new user and glad to be here and to have found the site. I was getting tired of rec.arts.theater.stagecraft. Just don't let Frank W. find us !. So a thanks to the creator and those who keep it up and running.

I'm a 30 year veteran in the business, all in lighting. I'm currently (well, for 23 years) the Lighting Director and Head Electrician at a performing arts center on a college campus in Brooklyn, NY.

Just started out in Vectorworks this past fall - Ye olde canine, ye new tricks, is the major understatment of the week !. Getting much better at it though, just in time for a major electrics systems replacement this coming fall and am using the CAD portion of VW a ton right now. Wish I had gotten off my olde arse 3 years ago whan we were designing !.

May shortly be upgrading our ETC systems to Emphasis and WYSIWYG, so it's be an interesting comparasion to VW, or maybe a good companion. Anyone have much experience getting VW files over to WYSIWYG ?.

Later,

SB

2. dvsDave

dvsDave Benevolent Dictator Administrator Senior Team CB Mods Fight Leukemia

Hey SteveB,

Welcome to the ControlBooth.com community! I am your webmaster, dvsDave. I still get the StageCraft digests and read thru them when I can, (less often than I would like), but it is a good resource for some really complicated, or obtusely obscure, technical questions.

Hope to see you around the forums often!

-dvsDave