Cheshire cat's Hookah

egilson1

Senior Team
Senior Team
CB Mods
Premium Member
ETCP Certified Technicians
So looking for ideas on how to pull off the Hookah for the Cheshire cat in Alice in Wonderland. Now I can easily get the hookah itself to smoke, but what the director wants is for the Cat to smoke the hookah. Setting aside the potential legal issues of what is and isn't allowed in MA, what options have people come up with? Herbal in the hookah? E-cig in the mouth piece?

Thanks in advance.

Ethan

I think an e-cig in the mouth piece would suffice.

If you want to jazz it up. Then just route a button through the pipe to the top of the hookah for the effects for that run a red or amber led. You could go so far as adding smoke to come out the top too, when the cat takes a pull from it. A real hookah won’t smoke or light up from the top but it will add to the nuance.

Sounds like a fun project.

I think an e-cig in the mouth piece would suffice.

If you want to jazz it up. Then just route a button through the pipe to the top of the hookah for the effects for that run a red or amber led. You could go so far as adding smoke to come out the top too, when the cat takes a pull from it. A real hookah won’t smoke or light up from the top but it will add to the nuance.

Sounds like a fun project.
@Amiers Prithee tell of your experiences with a real hookah. (Personally, I've never caught any of our cats smoking a hookah but my wife and I were once rudely awoken by a rabbit hopping up and down under the confines beneath our bed. We can both attest to how bizarre it was to be woke from deep slumber by a rabbit under our second story master bedroom bed. Apparently our 22 pound cat had let himself out our patio door for a moonlit stroll, caught a rabbit, clambered his way up, over and down our 6'6" wooden planked patio fence with the rabbit in his mouth then carried his "treasure" through a hole he'd torn in our patio door's screen, across our living room, across our dining room, up 14 steps to our upper hall, through the hall into our 21 x 16 foot master bedroom and was likely about to bring us a rabbit to share for breakfast when the rabbit managed to seek solace under our bed. We awoke to find Smokey circling our bed intent upon recapturing his breakfast treat. I don't know much about wild rabbits but I can attest to them hopping rather than crawling. It was a rude way to awake in the middle of the night but is pretty humorous in hindsight.)
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Well how much detail do you want?

They smoke well, have good flavors, and aren’t as harmful as cigs.

Downside is they are a bitch to clean and expensive to maintain the habit.

I’m sure you have ripped a water bong once or twice they are comparable in quality. If you needed an example. ;)

Well how much detail do you want?

They smoke well, have good flavors, and aren’t as harmful as cigs.

Downside is they are a bitch to clean and expensive to maintain the habit.

I’m sure you have ripped a water bong once or twice they are comparable in quality. If you needed an example. ;)
@Amiers No, no cigs, cigars, hookahs or bongs EVER. My Dad died in his 49th year and I have zero mental images of my Dad without a lit cigarette in his hand or mouth. My Dad sucked his way through 3.5 cartons of Players followed by Black Cat by lighting his first at 5:30 a.m. with a lighter on his bedside table then driving to work for 7:00 a.m. My Dad had no need to carry matches or a lighter as he lit his next from his last until heading to bed sometime after midnight when Carson or his predecessors' nightly TV shows ended. My Dad never laid a hand on me, but he sternly warned me: "If I ever catch you smoking!" I knew he meant it and always figured it was better to never begin than to attempt to quit and never put my Dad to the test. I was 13 in grade eight when my father died instantly while seated in our living room watching 'Gun Smoke' with our dog on his knee. I was still 13 when I began high school where I immediately joined the stage crew and had little difficulty in resisting the evils of peer pressure.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard (Ardent non-smoker and total abstainer retired quite some years from 'abstainer to the stars.'

Interesting.

Well I admire your ability to abstain.

I went from a pack a day in my 20s to now just a social smoker and even then I really have to crave to smoke a cig.

All that other stuff is just recreational and when available.

Anytime building something fun I will jump on. This project is definitely one of them.

You mean the catterpillar right? The cat doesn't smoke...does he? Well either way, I find that if you have smoke coming up their back, it's hard to tell where it's coming from. Additionally, look at a device made for magicians called "VAPR".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back