Church Video Mixing Upgrade

Of course the protected content will not be unencrypted, it simply will not be displayed. Your paper from Kramer is 100% correct. However, I said nothing about a Mac Mini, I was talking about an Apple TV, which works differently than the Mac Mini does. On Apple TVs, the HDCP is enabled when there is no handshaking. Period. (unless they've updated them recently). The ONLY WAY to get them to output unencrypted video is to hook them up to a repeater or sink that you can disable/enable HDCP Authorization.

When it all comes down to it, HDMI and HDCP sucks haha.

Yes, yes it does. The world would be a whole lot simpler if everything used SDI.

You have no idea... I just finished a job up where we had 4 operating rooms with video feeds going back to an amphitheater over fiber. In these ORs, they have medical-grade cameras that have HDMI and HD-SDI on their CCUs. Of course, the head of AV at this healthcare institutuin wanted to do HDMI, instead of HD-SDI. When it was all said and done, the camera's HDMI out didn't like to play nice with the fiber converters, and the fiber converters didn't work with half of the gear on the other end. The manufacturer of the fiber converters (hint: starts with an "e", ends in an "xtron") had to come out, and they had to write a custom firmware for the converters. OR they could have used the existing copper, used HD-SDI, and called it a day (which is what we ended up doing after 3 months of troubleshooting)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back