Circa Scoop LED Light?

Nope no experience with them on my part. I can look up photometrics possibly on scoop, but data would probably be before the DKZ/DSE.

DKZ/DSE GE/Thorn #39582 PS-52/4 IF, Incd. Silica Coated 1Kw. E-39 Lcl 9.1/2"/3,200°K/28,000L/750h

Assuming it's still made would be my go to lamp for a 16" Altman scoop. How to copare it's output verses the scoop with probably a different lamp in photometrics isn't something I can determine. That said, the LED probably is sufficient and is a sustainable lamp/LED type.

Years ago in comparing fixtures, we used to rent or borrow a fixture in comparison to. I remember the first LED cyc light.... About as much power or less than one of our cyc lights lamped down to about 300w. And by far less color rendering. That was back 15-20 years ago, but if color rendering is good and output seems good for your space.... should be useful and a step in greening up your theater.

Don't throw out your old scoops! For a lightning effect.. and if still available the ANSI DP
T & DRW and other lamps such as photo flash type studio lamps can be really useful in output with quick response.

And in saving them, you can probably re-lamp them for work lights in some form of hunnycomb LED lamp for service and support if not general wash also. (Such an option most likely not dimmable.)

I own 16 of them. I would never suggest it to actually light things, it's all about that eye candy. That being said it throws enough light to create a silhouette, especially when using the blinders, but it's more about the vibe.

Thanks. I was afraid that was the case. They look so awesome I was hopeful I might be able to get a multi-effect fixture while also replacing something we currently use. Seriously doubt I could get the funds just for the cool factor. :)

That’s a fancy prop.

On second thought, have something similar from another vendor using a HPL lamp. They go on tour about as much as in storage. Useful wash and prop light appairently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back