Circuit stays powered on after console is shut down with Strand A21 dimmer module

Cue_547

We have a Strand A21 dimmer system with 26 circuits, with 74191 Quad 2400 watt SCR modules in it. A few weeks ago circuit 1 just started staying powered up even after I shut down the console. I tried restarting the console as well as shutting off and turning back on the breakers to the rack, thinking that might clear it or reset it. Neither one worked. There are no trouble lights or notifications on the status display. So I just turned the breaker for dimmer 1 off.
Maybe possibly channel one was somehow switched to non-dim mode on the console, but it doesn't appear to be. I'm tagging @Rob since we have a Cognito2 console.
Could this be a module issue? I thought I would ask in here before I call for service. Thanks.

I'm tagging @Rob since we have a Cognito2 console.
Sorry for delay. I was traveling this week. On the console side, make sure your patch didn’t get corrupted. If a mover has a default value that is not zero and someone repatched it, it could present this way. Also check Tech Locked lights. You can do this in the (i) info screen. If you just view the DMX window of the Fixture Settings, each cell has a yellow bar on the right showing its current level. See if any are pegged high. If all this is too much, email the show file to [email protected] and we’ll have a peek.

Thanks. I’ll check that when I’m back over there. I still have a service tech set to come out the week of the 3rd.

Finally found out what the problem was. When we pulled the module out the focus button was stuck on. We removed the button and the "click plate" so it would turn off.

We had a similar gremlin during a show where some lanterns would come on all by themselves. Turns out the cast were discarding props against where a couple of Act 6 racks were and pushing in the "channel on" buttons. A quick guard was fabricated.

We had a similar gremlin during a show where some lanterns would come on all by themselves. Turns out the cast were discarding props against where a couple of Act 6 racks were and pushing in the "channel on" buttons. A quick guard was fabricated.
What's so strange is how? The button for dimmer 1 is at the top and yes there is a vented cover in front of the modules, but the focus button is between the vents. Plus the other three on the module are fine. So flippin' strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back