City Theatrical SHoW DMX

I have heard really good things about this, including one group who took a unit and drove around the building without signal loss. I've been reminding many times that wired is always preferable to wireless however.

If you call your local supplier and ask for a demo, you can probably try out the equipment in your space prior to purchase.

I just worked with a vendor for a large exhibit space for a theatre festival. There was no DMX cable run to any of their LED units, MAC700s, scrollers, strobes or conventionals. Only the one short run from the console to the transmitter. There was never an issue of drop out, only that of a small lag from the console sending out the instruction and the device starting to execute (300-400 mS or so). We did not get the chance to see how distance effects this.

I just worked with a vendor for a large exhibit space for a theatre festival. There was no DMX cable run to any of their LED units, MAC700s, scrollers, strobes or conventionals. Only the one short run from the console to the transmitter. There was never an issue of drop out, only that of a small lag from the console sending out the instruction and the device starting to execute (300-400 mS or so). We did not get the chance to see how distance effects this.

After this I would never want to mess with wireless DMX if I could avoid it.

Mike

well, they actually run in the 2.4 GHz range...as though there is nothing around that could interfere with that....oh wait....dang!:oops:

well, they actually run in the 2.4 GHz range...as though there is nothing around that could interfere with that....oh wait....dang!:oops:

*LOL*

Mike

I have been using the RC4 Wireless dimmers from theatrewireless.com for over a year now. They operate in the 2.4GHz range and we have had no issues at all. In fact they just installed a building-wide wifi system and our wireless dimmers still work great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back