CLAYPAKY Launches the First Beam Moving Light with a Laser Source

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The spectacular launch of the Claypaky XTYLOS, the first ever laser beam moving light, was a great success. About 10,000 people attended the live demo shows at Claypaky's stand during the four days of Prolight+Sound

The success of the XTYLOS video teaser was even more overwhelming. It received over 150,000 views on various social media channels! The teaser undoubtedly led to a lot of industry professionals wanting to witness the innovative developments in light technology in this revolutionary new unit in person.

The XTYLOS lived up to their expectations. The extraordinary beams of parallel, solid, colourful, ultra-concentrated light which emerge from its lightweight, compact body make the Xtylos a game changer in the world of entertainment lighting.

It is a beam moving light that uses a revolutionary laser source specifically built for it, which is enclosed in a reliable, safe, completely sealed module. It is a powerful engine that creates an incredible range of colours.
Thanks to a special optical unit developed by Claypaky and the typical effects of a professional moving head, lighting designers and operators can use the XTYLOS straight away without any special training.

The Xtylos was not the only highly appreciated Claypaky product at Prolight+Sound.

The Axcor Wash 600 made its world première at PL+S 2019. It is a versatile, enhanced version of the Axcor Profile 600 with the same colour generation technology. In addition, it is fitted with a framing system with four blades and three focal planes. The unit is available with three interchangeable lenses, which may also be purchased separately: PC (standard), Fresnel or Clear.

The Axcor Profile 400 and Axcor Spot 400 are the most complete LED moving head lights in their category, and are equipped with all the most advanced optical, lighting, mechanical and electronic functions.

The SHARPY PLUS is the first 100% hybrid unit, capable of being both a perfect beam light and a perfect spot light. It fits the high-performance Osram Sirius HRI® 330W X8 lamp, and large numbers of Sharpy Plus units are due to be used at the Eurovision Song Contest in Tel Aviv from 14 May.

The HY B-EYE K25 is the latest innovation in the B-EYE range, with all the range's successful characteristic features, which have been improved and further enhanced. It is more powerful (it fits 40 watt RGBW LEDs), more efficient, more interactive with media servers (with Kling-Net protocol built-in), more versatile and quieter than ever.

The MINI-B is the smallest LED light ever made by Claypaky for the professional market. Although it weighs only 7 kg (15.43 lb) and measures only 34 cm (13.39 inches), the Mini-B incorporates all the most modern and innovative technological features. The light source is based on 40 watt Osram RGBW LEDs, and the central LED can be controlled separately from the outer LED ring.

The CloudIO is an IoT device (patent pending), which provides technicians with comprehensive diagnostics for Claypaky lights returning from events. This tool collects data on the hours of lamp life of each unit and the conditions of the various components, and updates the firmware, simply by connecting to the cloud. The CloudIO is equipped with a retrofit system so that it may be used with almost all Claypaky lights.

Claypaky CEO Pio Nahum said: "Once again Claypaky chose Prolight+Sound to present a revolutionary new product and confirm its role as an innovative company. Everyone agreed that the XTYLOS was the most significant new product at this important international event. We are obviously proud of our success, and seeing our booth so crowded was a great satisfaction. Visitors also appreciated the other innovative products we brought to the fair, both for their variety of applications and their performance. We are also pleased with the success of our new CloudIO tool, with which Claypaky enters the world of connectivity. It shows we are also attentive to our customers' maintenance needs.

Only based on my limited exposure to laser based projectors (not laser projectors) the "laser" is just a differently designed and focused LED, right?

I think for lack of understanding... So what's the big deal with this light then?
Even though it has "extraordinary beams of parallel, solid, colourful, ultra-concentrated light which emerge from its lightweight, compact body" None of that has anything to do with the light source, just the new fixture design. Right?

I think for lack of understanding... So what's the big deal with this light then?
Even though it has "extraordinary beams of parallel, solid, colourful, ultra-concentrated light which emerge from its lightweight, compact body" None of that has anything to do with the light source, just the new fixture design. Right?

Actually, it's a blend of laser excited phosphers and Blue LEDs as a blend. Osram had a technical demo at LDI a year or two ago. Trying to hunt down the picture now.

Edit: Nope! See reply below.

Last edited:
Found it! It's OSRAM's SSL technology. The ITOS Phaser.

Edit: Nope! See reply below.

Last edited:
>>Only based on my limited exposure to laser based projectors (not laser projectors) the "laser" is just a differently designed and focused LED, right?

Nope.

>>It's OSRAM's SSL technology. The ITOS Phaser.

Nope.

>>Actually, it's a blend of laser excited phosphers and Blue LEDs as a blend. Osram had a technical demo at LDI a year or two ago

Nope.

This is something ENTIRELY different and doesn't use any of the previous PHASER (Phosper + Laser) technology we showed a few years ago. It's completely ground-breaking and revolutionary, and damn impressive if I may say so myself! The ClayPaky R&D team did an amazing job. Uses RGB Laser Emitters in a special configuration and manner to provide intense Super narrow (Normal BEAM fixtures are 3-4 deg in beam mode) beam of .5 degrees, and then can spread the beam, project gobos with super bright intensity, and the reds are INSANE. It wowed my socks off at the tradeshow 2 weeks ago when I first saw it.

This is something ENTIRELY different and doesn't use any of the previous PHASER (Phosper + Laser) technology we showed a few years ago. It's completely ground-breaking and revolutionary, and damn impressive if I may say so myself! The ClayPaky R&D team did an amazing job. Uses RGB Laser Emitters in a special configuration and manner to provide intense Super narrow (Normal BEAM fixtures are 3-4 deg in beam mode) beam of .5 degrees, and then can spread the beam, project gobos with super bright intensity, and the reds are INSANE. It wowed my socks off at the tradeshow 2 weeks ago when I first saw it.

Woah. Can't wait to see this at LDI.

The more I read about this, the more confusing it gets. So RGB light source with RGB color filters... Do you have dmx channels for both Red LED + Red glass?
"The Xtylos uses laser technology with RGB additive color mixing. In contrast to the subtractive mixing used with discharge lamps, colored light beams are as bright as a white light beam!"

I've heard the color intensity of the fixture is super insane. I've also heard they sound a bit like a jet engine..... still in development Im sure. Again, this is second hand as I did not attend Pro Light

In other Clay Paky news:
U.S. Distribution
Also, ACT lighting no longer lists Clay Paky.

I want one
I want Santa to bring me 4, so I can make a really awesome pyramid. Oh, do you have to mount a portable black hole to shine the beam at, so nothing goes up in flames?

I was at PRGs warehouse today playing with a heap of these, they are insane, you can shine a blue beam over 200 meters onto a factory wall at full intensity, the power draw is less than 1 amp, its crazy

I saw one of the ones PRG Australia got a few weeks ago.
My impression is if you took a Sharpy Beam, gave it color mixing, (and great saturated colors)... better gobos and less power draw you have the XTYLOS. My only complaints are the beam does not go very wide, and white was a little off (but at the time no one had tried to dial a better white out of it, so may be a non-issue)

I've heard the color intensity of the fixture is super insane. I've also heard they sound a bit like a jet engine..... still in development Im sure. Again, this is second hand as I did not attend Pro Light

I visited PRGs factory afew days ago and the colour intensity is stupid. It can shine a blue beam 200 meters onto a warehouse wall. Its very loud compared to other fixtures but not that loud (you don't have to shout when its on a bench right next to you). Its doesnt get hot, max intensity for 20min and it is still the exact same temperature as if it was off in a case. There are no fixture profiles as of yet and its pretty annoying to make them, still havnt even unlocked full laser mode yet. The dimmer curve is crap but these are first gen software.
I saw one of the ones PRG Australia got a few weeks ago.
My impression is if you took a Sharpy Beam, gave it color mixing, (and great saturated colors)... better gobos and less power draw you have the XTYLOS. My only complaints are the beam does not go very wide, and white was a little off (but at the time no one had tried to dial a better white out of it, so may be a non-issue)
Thats pretty much exactly what it is, the beam is about a normal spot fixture width at max, but you have to remember its a beam light. Literally a laser sharpy with colour mixing and some other advanced features. Will need some updates for the various things. I believe the first ever show that they will run on will be the Victorian State School Spectacular which I am actually working on. All 60 of them will be replacing last years sharpys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back