Cleaning Up After Bubble Machines

Eboy87

Have a rental in the space using 2 bubble machines for Little Mermaid. Probably half the bubbles land on the apron, despite best efforts not to. Slippage isn't too much of a problem, though it is in the forefront of my mind. Trying to mop the stage after each performance (sometimes several times) to minimize the risk, but no matter what I try, the residue sticks around. Anyone have any tips or tricks to get this stuff off my stage? I'm a sound guy mostly, so if this is a "duh" sort of thing, I'm sure I'll have to have it explained.

A lot of elbow grease. Hot water bath and a cold water rinse. Repeat this process til it is gone.

If you don't have time to wash it every night I would lay some 3m plastic down and screw some Luaun down to save you the hassle of clean up and trash the Luaun after the run of the show.

There's not much to say beyond what's already been said. Basically, you're dealing with soap residue. The only shortcut I can recommend for this is to get the floor wet and let the water just sit there for a few minutes before you mop. After this, multiple, very wet mop jobs and elbow grease are the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back