Clear-Com Call Signal Light

Plupo

Years ago I did some contract work at a venue who had an led strip underneath the counter the sound console sat on that would flash whenever the sound op was being called over the clear com. I love this idea because, especially at one of the venues I do freelance work at, there's no reasonable place to set the clear com pack to be able to see the call light. Anybody have a thought how they would've wired something like this?

Thanks!

PL

What I remember is that the DC voltage is just super-imposed on the audio feed. In other words, all you need is a Y splitter, a zener diode, a limiter resistor, and an LED. Super simple, but wait for someone else to confirm as my brain is fired today!

Is it your clearcom? :)

If not, you can get a box with a signal light, and you could adapt that to drive external stuff...

Note to @dvsDave: the link in the first comment of that thread which is linked above is 404. Er: four-oh-four. :)

Edit: the first two links are, and maybe more...

I figured I'd mention it, since I know you're generally pretty good about following Rule 1 (Don't break the URLs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back