Clear-Com DX410 Reviews?

AAMorgan

I'm back after a long absence. Howdy!
Does anyone have experience with Clear-Com's DX410 series of digital wireless coms? I want to interface them with our current 4-wire Clear-Com setup. How about the durability of the WH410 headsets for high school students?
Thank you!
--
AM

Been using this system for over a month--tech rehearsal and performances of a musical, dance recital rental, our spring play.
Light weight belt pack and headset, no dangling antennas, works well with our telex wired system.
3 buttons on top and bottom are used for more than the expected power, talk and volume. You can adjust the volume of your voice going to your headset as well as the volume of your voice going to the base station. other features such as "listen only" can also be adjusted using combination of these buttons. However they are very touchy and gripping the top and bottom can unintentionally change these settings giving you something you didn't want.
The operating range is smaller than our previous wireless--Telex UHF. A voice announces "out of range" to inform you but if someone is transmitting as you approach the limit you hear the audio equivalent of a weak over-the-air digital video not analog static.
We have 6 belt packs but the base station can only receive the signal from 3 at the the same time. The the rest will hear "busy" when they press the talk button. This is a definite problem if you need to respond and can't. The "touchy buttons" can unknowingly set "talk" to ON.
There are more "quirks" "pluses" but unless you have unlimited funding (the next higher model is twice the price) there will be trade-offs.

I've used both the pre-merger HME wireless and the current Clearcom iterations.

I do have to say the current version of the DX410 is much better than the older equipment, however it is not without its quirks.

It is based on 2.4Ghz, so Wifi access points, microwaves and the like can and will interfere with the transmission. I've found that the antenna's need to be fairly free and exposed, not in an equipment rack or road case, and in a few cases, I've had to extend the antennas with some LMR Coax.

I routinely used the system with 6 belt-packs and we did run into issues with users stepping on each other or getting the busy signal. With all of our deck crew using the packs we also had a second set of batteries as they would usually be low by Intermission. The ISO system, which is just within the wireless system, is nice for communication that doesn't need to hit your wired infrastructure. I did also run into issues where we would get some over modulation of the belt-pack transmissions, but found that placement on a tech's body made a big difference (Keep them way from Cellphones)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back