Clear-Com purchase

Well, you don't say what they want to nick you for it.

But that looks to be about 8 years old; is it used or NOS?

We added wireless in my house using FreeSpeak II, and it's marvelous (see my review post elsewhere), but it was about 10 grand for 5 seats.

several years ago I purchased a system from Production Intercom and was pretty happy. The belt packs were rock solid. The headsets reasonably comfortable, but not indestructible. The price was quite reasonable.

When we did a remodel the belt packs interfaced pretty seamlessly with a new clear com system.

Production Intercom went out of business but has been restarted with what appears to be the same equipment as pro Intercom http://prointercomllc.com/

Worth taking a look at. I have been happy.

several years ago I purchased a system from Production Intercom and was pretty happy. The belt packs were rock solid. The headsets reasonably comfortable, but not indestructible. The price was quite reasonable.

When we did a remodel the belt packs interfaced pretty seamlessly with a new clear com system.

Production Intercom went out of business but has been restarted with what appears to be the same equipment as pro Intercom http://prointercomllc.com/

Worth taking a look at. I have been happy.
@BC Theatre Guy Another post in support of Production Intercom / Pro Intercom. EVERYTHING they manufacture is 100% ClearCom compatible and always has been.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

I don't believe Pro Intercom has wireless (yet?)
The HME(Clear-Com) DX210 is a wireless system, 2.4GHz.
Markertek

EDIT: Depending on the actual price in Canada, the FreeSpeak II that @Jay Ashworth mentioned might be the better option.

Apologies to the OP. I did not realize you were looking at wireless.

One brand you might look at is EarTec One channel only, but if you don't need too fancy they work.

We have the comstar units. They are somewhat fragile ( IE I send one or two to be repaired each year) and if you have a large head they are not adjustable enough. I wish we had gotten the belt pack / corded model .

Thanks for the input. Lots to consider. We actually did try the one channel EarTec route and it has been surprisingly effective. I would recommend it to any small venue looking to add one wireless headset to their current wired system (our is clearcom) . It worked well through our whole building, very rarely dropping signal. And since the headset is the type sold with cordless phones I was able to pick up endless extra ones for virtually nothing and thrift shops. It does however limit us to one wireless and the design isn't indestructible by any means so it is time to upgrade.

I don't believe Pro Intercom has wireless (yet?)
The HME(Clear-Com) DX210 is a wireless system, 2.4GHz.
Markertek

EDIT: Depending on the actual price in Canada, the FreeSpeak II that @Jay Ashworth mentioned might be the better option.

Hope it works out well for you. My review of the system in another post is pretty in-depth, and the only thing I can add is that, 18 months or so in, we have a talk button that's intermittent; everything else, even the batteries, is still purring like a kitten; it is the device in the theatre we have to eff around with the least.

The only other thing I can say -- and it's operational -- is that if you have it interfaced to your 2-wire stuff, you will probably have to rerun the Null function *every time you change around what's on the 2-wire segment*, which is to say, before every show. If not, you'll get some echoing on the 2-wire side.

Thanks for the input. Lots to consider. We actually did try the one channel EarTec route and it has been surprisingly effective. I would recommend it to any small venue looking to add one wireless headset to their current wired system (our is clearcom) . It worked well through our whole building, very rarely dropping signal. And since the headset is the type sold with cordless phones I was able to pick up endless extra ones for virtually nothing and thrift shops. It does however limit us to one wireless and the design isn't indestructible by any means so it is time to upgrade.
yes very good recommandation about the channel EarTec
thanks bro

Our theater is considering the Clear-Com dx210 4 user system. Is there an alternative that would cost less but still have the reliability and trust that the Clear-Com system has. We want a something that will work with our existing wired Clear-com system.

The Clear-Com (HME) DX is the cheapest we usually specify.

Is this an educational or a professional venue? The DX isn't really a professional-level product and if professional, you should probably buy in to the Freespeak II. You could also consider Radio Active Designs - they are fairly new and have started to take on a lot of the higher-end professional market (sports, etc): http://radioactiverf.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back