Clear Wrap-around Heat Shrink

ppas11hum

I am looking to apply some barcode stickers to pre-made cables, obviously I need to put heat-shrink tubing over the sticker but since the cable is pre-made I will need something to wrap around the cable as opposed to tubing. I found this on Amazon, but it is PRICEY. Does anyone have any other products or suggestions for this? Thanks!

I am looking to apply some barcode stickers to pre-made cables, obviously I need to put heat-shrink tubing over the sticker but since the cable is pre-made I will need something to wrap around the cable as opposed to tubing. I found this on Amazon, but it is PRICEY. Does anyone have any other products or suggestions for this? Thanks!
@ppas11hum Dependent upon the connectors on your pre-made cables, possibly clear heat-shrink tubing with a greater shrink ratio could work for you. I'm long retired, in my time Alpha Tubing marketed FIT221, FIT321 and FIT421 with shrink ratios of two to one, three to one and four to one respectively. At the time, another manufacturer was listing ratios up to 621, six to one.
What connectors / maximum connector OD are you dealing with?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

@ppas11hum Dependent upon the connectors on your pre-made cables, possibly clear heat-shrink tubing with a greater shrink ratio could work for you. I'm long retired, in my time Alpha Tubing marketed FIT221, FIT321 and FIT421 with shrink ratios of two to one, three to one and four to one respectively. At the time, another manufacturer was listing ratios up to 621, six to one.
What connectors / maximum connector OD are you dealing with?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

From 3/4" cable diameter (edison) down to 3/16" cable diameter (xlr). I'll look into greater shrink ratios, I'm partial to McMaster but will check around. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back