Clearcom/intercom Handsets

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
Quick question, who's got the best pricing on intercom handsets? Needn't be Clearcom brand.

I didn't know there was anything other than the HS-6. Why mess around with second best?

What kind of setups does ClearCom have for portable touring setups, to use for live events / corporate events. That you guys would recommend. Figure I'll ask in here instead of making a new topic.

What kind of setups does ClearCom have for portable touring setups, to use for live events / corporate events. That you guys would recommend. Figure I'll ask in here instead of making a new topic.

What do you mean by "setups?" A system consists of a power supply, belt packs, head- or handsets, and often a signal beacon. Are you wanting specific models for these units? Sorry, I'm confused as to what you are asking.

What do you mean by "setups?" A system consists of a power supply, belt packs, head- or handsets, and often a signal beacon. Are you wanting specific models for these units? Sorry, I'm confused as to what you are asking.

Well for example they have their wired line which is pretty straight forward, then you can get their standard studio / theater install that requires the mounted antenna in the space. They also have a Wireless 2.4 System, so on so forth.

So looking for specific models that are used in a portable rig. I use Motorola XTN radios right now however in the future I'd be looking to upgrade to clearcom.

Well for example they have their wired line which is pretty straight forward, then you can get their standard studio / theater install that requires the mounted antenna in the space. They also have a Wireless 2.4 System, so on so forth.

So looking for specific models that are used in a portable rig. I use Motorola XTN radios right now however in the future I'd be looking to upgrade to clearcom.

Unless you need full duplex audio I would go with a wired system for communication during show then a good radio for communication during in/out/tech. I don't think I have ever seen anyone use a clearcom system during an in/out situation. The nice thing about radios is they work the second you turn them on. You don't have to turn on any other gear or unload anything to function. Clearcom makes great wireless stuff, so does Telex. Overall though, if you can go wired, do. If your running a DMX line or audio snake, you can always tag on a com line.

Look at the prices and see how they fit within your budget befoe going much longer. Good RF is not cheap.

Andre

Because the PI one comes in red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back