Clearcom Wired com levels are low on HME extension. Ideas to boost?

LesWilson

I have an ancient Clearcom MA-400 with a half dozen wired drops. Amongst themselves, everything is fine. But in adding a rental HME DX200 wireless, the sound coming from the Clearcom units is low for those on the HME drops and vice versa. Any ideas on how I could solve this problem? TIA

Have you nulled out both your wired system and twiddled with the nulling nob on the back of the HME DX200 mainstation? Are you making sure you're only terminated in one place in the system?

Quick and easy nulling: Have a single person go to every wired drop, have them key into a single channel. Have them talk to themselves and twiddle the null nob into you hear the sidetone (you in your own ear) go to its lowest level and/or off. Then dial it in a hair to taste. Repeat for every channel at every drop in the system. Last of all, go right to the wireless base station and do the same thing there but with the knob on the rear.

I hate to be that person, but on the older wireless com there's only so much you can do once you've nulled it all out. I find the best luck using older HME and Telex BTR's is to throw a 4-wire interface between the wired and wireless system so you have independent control of send and receive levels but that's more $$$.

Thanks @themuzicman. I know little about intercoms. Sorry for the noob question. I am using only one channel and there are several splits in the wiring. I found this article on termination and will double check it. The unused channels may or may not be terminated. https://www.clearcom.com/partyline-termination/

About nulling the system, I know there's a NULL adjustment on the back of the HME unit but AFAIK, there isn't on the MA-400 so I don't know what to twiddle when someone is testing a drop.

About nulling the system, I know there's a NULL adjustment on the back of the HME unit but AFAIK, there isn't on the MA-400 so I don't know what to twiddle when someone is testing a drop.

nothing on the MA-400, it’s a feature of any belt pack or remote station.It’ll be a very very tiny knob inset hole that will say “null” or “sidetone”. Some models It’s under the belt clip, sometimes it looks like a screw hole missing a screw, consult the manual for your remote station/bp and see where it’s at!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back