Clearcom wireless freespeak

hamlett22

Hi all,

I need to add Clearcom wireless headsets to my existing wireless system. My current system is
1) base-station Clearcom model WBS-680/E88 and
2) headset model WTR 680.

This base station and beltpack are discontinued. Mine work great and I do not want to retire them. Just add on.

Cleacom's latest wireless solution that vendors are selling is the Free-speak II Clear-Com FSII-BP24-X4-US.

Question- can the Freak Speak II work on and with the Clearcom WBS 680 basestation and WTR 680 headsets?

Thanks,
Chad

Hi all,

I need to add Clearcom wireless headsets to my existing wireless system. My current system is

This base station and beltpack are discontinued. Mine work great and I do not want to retire them. Just add on.

Cleacom's latest wireless solution that vendors are selling is the Free-speak II Clear-Com FSII-BP24-X4-US.

Question- can the Freak Speak II work on and with the Clearcom WBS 680 basestation and WTR 680 headsets?

Thanks,
Chad

Have you asked Clearcom? Presumably they would know.

Hi all,

Thanks,
Chad
@hamlett22 I know not of Clearcom's snazzy new digital Free-Speaks but I can assure you ProCom manufactures, sells, warranty's and services their full line of 100% Clear-Com compatible equivalents and accessories in your U.S. of A, perhaps @Diana Mullis will note Control Booth's 'Bat Call' and reply to your post.
Toodleo!
Ron Hebbard

Nope.

The older stuff is analog, the FSII is digital.

You will need the FS base with its packs, and that stuff is *not* *cheap*.

We got 5 packs with lightweight headsets, the base, and one antenna module, and it was close to 20K.

Don't get me wrong: it's worth *every frigging nickel* of 20K, but... :)

I posted a review of ours last year, I think, here somewhere. Repair incidence has been decent; the boom switches in the headsets break, and we had one cable strain relief go bad; 1 pack has (or had, I think we sent it in) an intermittent A talk button, but that's about it.

Free Speak II is good, the original.... not so much. I've had truly rotten experiences with the original FS (provided by an outside vendor, who only sends video guys who, for a craft that relies so much on coms, knows absolutely NOTHING about the gear; the shop does not include a manual or quick start guide with the package.

But Yes, your existing 2 wire party line system will "interface" with the Free Speak II, but FS requires it's unique RF base station and belt packs. You can likely re-use your existing headsets, but you'd still need them for the wired coms.

That review:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back