College CMU BXA Program

If they offered it with engineering it could be useful. However, to me they paired a useless degree up with more useless degree. The CS or physics track is the only paths I would consider. I would also look at what you loose out on. My personal view is go big or go home. If you want to major in theatre go for it... But go all the way. If you think you need a backup career... Just go do that instead from the get go.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am mostly in agreement with Footer. If theatre is what you want to do, don't worry about anything else. I am, lately, encouraging marketing and business minors to my students though, as it helps them understand the business side of things. Most theatre people are horrible at understanding contracts, general pay guidelines, etc. And we're even worse at marketing ourselves. So something to think about there.

I am mostly in agreement with Footer. If theatre is what you want to do, don't worry about anything else. I am, lately, encouraging marketing and business minors to my students though, as it helps them understand the business side of things. Most theatre people are horrible at understanding contracts, general pay guidelines, etc. And we're even worse at marketing ourselves. So something to think about there.

Bad at even simple bookkeeping too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back