CO2 freezing

jr464

Hello, I work with a production company south of Atlanta Georgia. Currently we are tasked with creating a couple areas for the Falcons pregame fan experience and part of our rig include CO2 cryo jets. Our problem is that a few of our jets or heads if you will freeze up. Yeah, cold stuff freezing, science right? I'm wondering if there is a remedy to this. We use them in fairly heavy bursts up to approximately 10 seconds with varying (but short lived) cool down, err warm-up times. Any advice is welcome. We are outside with all proper safety protocols being observed.
Sent from my HTC DNA via Tapatalk Pro!

Ill do that. Yeah, it's a long blast to be sure and very humid here. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC DNA via Tapatalk Pro!

Put them near a lamp, albeit a big hot one. This is Atlanta, humidity will always be a problem. In power plants, we would do "heat trace wires" which keeps the pipes (particular plant air pipes) above the dew point. If you can keep the nozzles above dew point, you will minimize frosty & freezing.

Incidentally, the Navy lost a submarine (way way back) from a similar phenomenon. The rapid expansion of a gas through a orifice led to freezing of the lines. Instead of an emergency blow to go topside, the sub went down with all hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back