Co2 Jet Spare Parts

Ajay Jaiswal

Hii Guys ...
I just need to know what is the connector called in the image below ( marked one with yellow color ) ?
Thanx
full

First off welcome to CB, stop by the new members thread and introduce yourself.

That looks like a combination of standard plumbing fittings to me. Starting from left to right: nipple, reducer (or maybe a bushing to allow the effect to be angled), male-to-male 90. If you where in the US I would say you could probably find similar parts in a plumbing supply store, but I'm not sure how common that is in your neck of the woods.

You actually have about three fittings here. The one closest to the jet is a male NPT (probably) to male JIC fitting. JIC fittings have an angled surface machined on the end which acts as a seal (that angle varies and could be 30°, 60°, etc). The next fitting is a female JIC (with a mirrored angle to complete the second half of the seal) to female NPT (maybe 1/2"? Can't tell). The last fitting is just a male NPT - male NPT elbow. Again, 1/2" ish.

Take your jet to a hydraulics store, or anywhere they build hydraulic hose assemblies. They will help you out.

Male NPT (MNPT) - Male JIC:
JICNPT.jpg

Female JIC - Female NPT:
FJICFNPT.jpg

Male NPT - Male NPT Elbow:
nptelbow.jpg

You may not find the *exact* parts in terms of form factor, but "close enough" will work as long as the threads and fittings on either end match up. The plus side is that you might end up with better parts than what came with it. From your picture, that doesn't look like a swivel JIC, which can be helpful when angling a Cryo jet. The example I posted above is a swivel JIC. You use it by loosening the JIC fitting, pointing your jet in the (safe) direction you want it, and then re-tightening the JIC. That way you aren't loosening the NPT fitting by pointing it in different directions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back