College Decision

I will say I've only encountered 2 or maybe 3 Cras grads so far so the ratio may be skewed, but they were all fantastic and painted a good picture of the school. I suppose its true of any school and any degree that the people who put the work in will come out of even shitty programs, better off than someone who coasted through and didn't apply themselves at a better school.
Over all the CRAS students I observed seemed pretty good. The students wearing t-shirts for bands that ended their careers before the birth of those students was kind of the giveaway to terminal hip-ness. Mostly those were the ones who were planning a party or other non-production activities for evenings and weekends. Normally that would have been my clue, but then I'd overhear a reply like "gee, that sounds like fun, pounding beers and vegetating, but I was able to book another half hour in the mixing suite and my buddy's band wants me to come and mix their live set tonight, maybe next week?" I suspect there is a higher percentage of those students at CRAS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back