Color Force II 72 Lens Issue

Nic

I wasn’t able to find a thread on this so I’m hoping I can get an answer. I’m trying to remove the optional cyc lenses from 8 Color Force II 72 units. The manual from Chroma Q states they are “slide in” accessories but they don’t seem to want to slide back out again and the manual has virtually no other information. I do know there are spring detents that hold the lenses in place...but I would assume those would move out of the way when I try to slide the lens out. Am I just an idiot missing something obvious? Thanks!

Are you sure there is a lens in there? They slide out pretty easy on ours.
Yes, it’s the diffusion lens for a cyc. I have another 8 without these lenses installed so I do know the difference (fair question though haha). I would have assumed that I could just push on the edge of the lens and have it slide out...seems straightforward but no luck.

Yes, it’s the diffusion lens for a cyc. I have another 8 without these lenses installed so I do know the difference (fair question though haha). I would have assumed that I could just push on the edge of the lens and have it slide out...seems straightforward but no luck.

Hmmmmm. Truthfully I've never removed ours, I guess if they sit there long enough it might be possible some gunk got in there and stopped them from moving. Heat up the unit for a bit and see if that does anything to loosen things up.

Yes the set screws which, once I was done being annoyed by, I realized are worth always tightening when a lens is in, regardless of the fixture's location/orientation, to save from bonehead moves that end with a lens' corner getting crushed when it slips out...

Set screws. Set screws that appear nowhere in the manual and are nearly invisible. Yep, you were right, Jay. That was incredibly frustrating and you really helped me out. Thank you and thanks Footer too!

Yeah, they drove us up the wall, I now remember, when trying to put the diffusers *in* when we deployed them.

We ended up with 6 more than we needed to top top&bottom, and we've used those on dance booms as accent lights quite effectively.

we've used those on dance booms as accent lights quite effectively.
Very interesting, are you able to use cell mapping to have different colors at different heights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back