Color Mixing/Boom Color Washes

Robersim

Hi there,

We are doing Into the Woods as our spring musical this year. I have done the lighting design for this show before, but I had access to 2 Mac 700 profiles, 2 Mac 250 Washes and 4 Coemar Lx wash 250watt's. All of these fixtures had CMY color mixing in them so the options for adding splashes of color to the stage were very broad.

In my current venue we have 2 FOH S4 Revolutions, which will be serving mainly as specials/ gobo projectors. My question is how do I get the broad spectrum of wash colors that I am used to, without LED fixtures / intels. Should I set up seperate R/G/B fixtures on booms or should i just stick to random gels in S4's for my colored sidelighting.

Sorry if I left out any information or if my post is a bit confusing, it's been a long day.

Hi there,

We are doing Into the Woods as our spring musical this year. I have done the lighting design for this show before, but I had access to 2 Mac 700 profiles, 2 Mac 250 Washes and 4 Coemar Lx wash 250watt's. All of these fixtures had CMY color mixing in them so the options for adding splashes of color to the stage were very broad.

In my current venue we have 2 FOH S4 Revolutions, which will be serving mainly as specials/ gobo projectors. My question is how do I get the broad spectrum of wash colors that I am used to, without LED fixtures / intels. Should I set up seperate R/G/B fixtures on booms or should i just stick to random gels in S4's for my colored sidelighting.

Sorry if I left out any information or if my post is a bit confusing, it's been a long day.

Well, generally you would grab a couple of source 4s, choose colors for them, and use them in your booms. Choose your gels and make an intentional choice. That *should* have been the case with your MLs in your previous production as well, choosing colors intentionally, not just randomly splashing some stuff on there and calling it good. Although I suppose that might have its place. Also, why do you need that feature? Why not design a totally new look instead? One that does not need any MLs to be successful?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back