Conventional Fixtures ColorBlast 12 Broken Lens/glass.. Need Frosted Replacement Lens/Glass!!

DaMenaCe

So,

Past weekend i had an event where the setup time window was really small. we are trying to get out sound and lighting going, the decorators r doing their thing on the stage, and the banquet staff is busy vacuuming and arranging the tables... i had went around placed my LEDs that i use for wall wash. Meanwhile, there is this elderly man whos job was to vacuum the place was rushing,pickin up the chairs and droping it on the side trying to finish the job on time.With my bad luck, one of the chair leg fall on my light and the frosted lens on my colorblast shattered. i go back to the light to connect the cable and i see the damage. it was more that obvioius that it was that mans fault. however, i couldnt say anyting to him but, "you just broke my light... with an awkward pause "**** just be more careful plz..these lights are expensive." As upset as i was i couldnt say anything to him caz he was this elderly man that didnt speak any english and i m sure he gets paid **** to work like a mule. me yelling at him or flipping out wouldnt fix the situation so i just let it go.

Good thing, i had a contact info of this business that fixed lighting fixtures so i got it fixed within few days. it cost me 135 bux to fix a broken glass. i was just happy my baby was fixed lol.

Heres the Damage:

proxy.php

Now the reason behind this post is.. i acually want to know if we can do this at home?

To me it looked fairly easy.. it appears as the colorblast 12 lens are mounted with some silicone. which in my opinion can be dealt with very easily...

My approach would be.. to heat the circumference or the outside edge of the glass with a heat gun and pry away the lens.

Clean out the light remove small pieces of broken glass, re apply the silicone and put the glass back on...let it sit,dry and wallah all done...

So wat am i still posting here for?? well, i think i have done enough research but havent found a place that sell frosted replacement lens for colorblast 12. i havent asked anyone in person...yet so i figured what better place to ask then here on CB.

So guys if anyone knows where can i get the replacement lens for colorblast 12 plz let me know.. god forbid i have to deal with this issue but i think this would be a useful piece of information for anyone dealing with this issue. thanks.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's actually really easy to change out lenses - the fixtures are designed to let you do just that. You shouldn't even need to heat them. Just take off the retaining screws and help coax the lens out with a flathead screwdriver. A few weeks ago, we had some down time at the shop, and I ended up swapping out about 150 broken CB lenses that looked just like yours. As for where you can get replacements, I'd be surprised if the dealer who sold you the colorblasts couldn't also sell you lenses. There are multiple lenses available for the CB, so buying them individually is almost a given. If your local dealer really can't help you out, I'd contact Color Kinetics directly and ask them where you might be able to get them locally. Actually, I see you're in New Jersey - call up one of the big rental shops around New York and see if they'll sell you some. I believe that PRG keeps them as a sales item, but they may not actually sell them to you depending on what we have in stock at that time. Worth a try though.

Hey Michael,

thanks for the respond bro.. i will try to see if i can get a hold of someone at color kinetics. I am actually from NORTH Jersey... BOTH PRG and 4wall are very close to from where i live.. PRG is acually on the same road just about 2 miles or so ahead from where my dad works... i personally dont know any one at PRG or have any business relation with PRG so i am not too sure if they will sell me any.. 4wall on the other hand is where i normaly rent all of my stuff from...and have really good relations with them. . i just bought 2 PDSs from them.. COOL AS HELL PPL but if u try to buy anything from them they charge u an arm and a leg for used stuff lol. I asked one of the guy that works there where do they get their stuff fixed and he said... they send it out to get it fixed... now check this out right... so i had this contact number of this company that fix lighting fixture which i actually picked up from 4wall when they had a lil "Expo." i called em up and the guy said they had a shop but now they just rent a small area at the 4wall building and i was like wtf!! lol. **** was crazy... either the guy that i deal with didnt know where they get their stuff fixed or he was BSin in anycase i got it done and he charged me 130 sumthing bux i think..

Also, these CB12 r bought used so no dealers would work with me on that i guess.. so i will see if i can get in touch with color kinetics for future needs.. KNock on wood nothing happens to my babies... i have 24 of them :) and i wanna get more but they are dumb expensive.. BTW i m just a small time Dj.. lol

OH AND THE MOST IMPT PART u said something about retaining screws where r those located??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back