Automated Fixtures Colorblaze started flashing its display

current93

I have a colorblaze 72 in the middle of a series of colorblazes. it has started flashing it's display and having sporadic flashes in various cells as if it is receiving dmx spikes. i have tested voltage and dmx signal and both were good. i swapped the unit for another and got the same results. does anyone know what the flashing display means?

If you swapped unnits and the new one did the same thing then I would start at the cables. I would take the unit out and simply plug the two cables together. If the problem moves to the next light, which it should, the replace the cable before the problem light. If no change then check the patch and see if something is weird there, which is unlikely.

I am. And I already did the cable swap and got the same results. I was only then that I decided to go for a post here. It's the flashing display that makes me think it's giving an error message. I have never seen one flash it's display before...
Are you running these via 208v? If so I've seen a similar problem with a loose ground connection...

I am. And I already did the cable swap and got the same results. I was only then that I decided to go for a post here. It's the flashing display that makes me think it's giving an error message. I have never seen one flash it's display before...
You said you did the cable swap but did you eliminate the fixture, connect the cables and see if the problem moves down the line to the next fixture? Just to knock out possibilities, are you using DMX approved cables or mic cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back