Colorimeter

Hi Robert,

Yep, there are several good ones out there. Iuse a super old Minolta CL-200 but our lab guys use a new Sekonic Spectromaster C7000. I'm sure a quick look for 'light meter' on the Amazon or other would yield good results!

Here's a quick search, Robert-

Attachments

• COLOR METER SEARCH.jpg
    COLOR METER SEARCH.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 195
We have some legacy lights with a gels that I want to get their spectrogram from, relate to a gel numbers and then match some MLs s
Hi Robert,

Yep, there are several good ones out there. Iuse a super old Minolta CL-200 but our lab guys use a new Sekonic Spectromaster C7000. I'm sure a quick look for 'light meter' on the Amazon or other would yield good results!
Okedokee. Plenty to go on here. Thanks to your and to other replies.
o they blend.

In the Before Times my job required me to spend a lot of time matching colors from one lighting source to another. I only bothered with the meter for when there are cameras.

If you can, set the old lights and new lights up together, and point them at fabric that has a variety of colors. Assuming you have LED MLs, the color will look different depending on the color of the fabric, which is why you don’t want a single color fabric. Depending on the new light, I start with what the Eos thinks is the right color, and then mix from there. Having said that, the meter can and will lie to you. At the end of the day, you really have to just trust your eye. The meter is a tool, not the be all end all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back