ColorKey profile for element console

bangs12

Has anyone had any luck with creating a profile for the colorkey led par 64 lights. Just recently purchased a etc element 40 and everytime i try to create a profile I am missing some color or aspect. I have tried using generic profiles as well as scrolling through different manufacturers to even get close. Thank you in advance for any suggestions one might have.

If the manual is to be believed:

DMX is enabled by setting DIP switch 10 to ON and setting the address using switches 0-9.

The console expects to control a 4-channel fixture with the following profile:

Ch1 - Red 1-255
Ch2 - Green 1-255
Ch3 - Blue 1-255
Ch4 - Dimmer 0=Off,1-189 dimmer, 190-250 flash, 251-255 full on

Searching the Fixture Release Notes (bundled with the offline client), these profiles look like they might be a good starting point. The tricky part will be setting up Ch4, which requires range programming.

Alkalite Octostrip_4ch
Alkalite Tracpod_84_4ch
American DJ _46HP_LED_4ch
American DJ Pro_Par_56_RGB_4ch

Take any one of them, and if necessary, copy and edit the intensity channel to map to the range specified in the manual.

Posting the same question at ETC's forum with a reference to the exact manufacturer and model name, along with a link to the manual would likely yield a custom profile. They are quite responsive about this sort of request, especially when given enough info to make it happen.

I have their 183 diode 10mm products. If it's the one with dip switches, it's has a 4 channel profile, RGB and intensity. It will strobe on that channel as well, with strobing somewhere between 190 - 240 and full on above that. I don't remember the exact dmx values, but those are close.

The newer one (3 character lcd display and dual yoke) has two dmx modes. I think it uses 6 channels. Small mode is just rgb. The difference is indicated by a small dot under the last digit of the display.

6 channel profile is
1. red
2. green
3. blue
4. fixed color control
5. strobe
6. color scroll macros

Hey everybody I really appreciate all of the help Im still not getting all attributes when I build custom profile ie..color missing when I use created profile and try changing ch4 nothing but strobe. Not sure what else to do. Contemplating buying all new lights that console recognizes

Hey everybody I really appreciate all of the help Im still not getting all attributes when I build custom profile ie..color missing when I use created profile and try changing ch4 nothing but strobe. Not sure what else to do. Contemplating buying all new lights that console recognizes

Channel 4 is the dimmer/strobe. It should dim between 0 - 79% give or take. After that, it strobes between like 79% and roughly 95% then it will go to full on. I had those model for several years and no issues with them.

I have a feeling you are just building the profile wrong. I wouldn't go out and buy all new fixtures just because of that. Post on ETC or email them directly to have them help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back