ColorSource spots and washes

BillConnerFASTC

Curious if anyone has had more experience with ColorSource fixtures since last discussed and if they have been positive.

All my experience is through clients but all hav e been extremely happy with the performance of the entire ColorSource line.
on a personal note I have to say I LOVE the colorsource wireless relays.

For rental, I have a large stock of the spots. All our clients have been phenomenally happy. They're easy to work with, easy to set up, and have plenty of illumination for most practical purposes. The newer firmware allows multiple dmx configurations, which has been pleasantly helpful for explaining profiles to rental clients that haven't used the CS line before.

On the installation side, we've installed them in corporate and theatrical applications, and I haven't heard a single bad thing said about them in both the spot and par lines. I haven't used the linear fixtures yet, but I doubt I'll hear differently about them.

I've used the CS Par's and Spots, both Dark Blue and Standard. They are nothing short of awesome! Super robust, new firmware offers direct color control. Nothing to complain about from me

Considering renting some ColorSource Spots for my next show - just a couple questions.

1) Is the brightness comparable to that of a 750?
2) Do they strobe?

We installed 6 of the units. We replaced 4 26d 750's with 4 CS Spots...and, while on paper they don't come close, to camera and our eyes...they are completely competitive. The cameras love the even field. Color rendering is very good. We also installed 2 with 14d lenses to light our organ chambers and, even with a 60' throw, do extremely well for what they are. I might, down the road, change the architectural ones to the Deep Blue but other than that, LOVE the CS Spots and will be adding more soon.

We use the spots as much front light in our concert hall. We are happy with them for what we use them for. Their out put at the distance we use them is equal to a 575 when we are matching color temps to the S4 we use with them. Where they excel is darker, more saturated colors within their range. In those situations they look brighter then a 575 S4. That being said, the color range is limited, I have the standard fixtures since we are often in some form of white. We have used a couple in our theatre and they don't have the color range we want for plays or dance. Now I will add that my faculty here are kind of picky, especially the design professors. Also we do road shows and many of those have not quite figured out how to adjust their older pieces to LEDs.

We have 8CS pars hanging and they are fantastic.
We just submitted a PO for 4 of the deep blue color engines and the cyc lens kits. On demo they blew us away with the saturation and brightness of the colors. They cut right thru my work lights when we were playing around with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back