Control/Dimming Colortran Gold Medallion

OldGrover

Hi, all

Long time no post (since sometime in 2005. Heh). In the intervening time, we've been rebuilding our theatre (destroyed in a fire in 2002) and we're getting pretty close to opening (first show in July. Scary (since I'm the guy in charge of building))

In any case, we've got a 28 channel setup (24 2000 Watt channels, plus a 4 channel portable dimmer that we intend to use for assorted specials - 4 channels sharing 120V@20amps). We were donated a ColorTrans Medallion that we're intending to use as our lighting board and we're just starting pulling it out of storage, giving it a good cleaning/dusting, firing it up, etc.

Anybody ever use this board? Any gotchas or tricks or anything we should know? As far as we know, it should work fine - it was replaced in its original venue just to update to something more modern and it should be far larger than we need, but other than that, is there something we ought to know?

I believe the correct name for the console is "Colortran Gold Medallion" (I don't think there were any colors other than Gold). The was the successor to the Prestige 3000. I know there were at least two in Las Vegas at one time, though neither lasted very long before being replaced. Used an odd competitor to DOS known as OS9000, big in industrial control applications.

Keep Steve Short's number handy, as it's likely you'll need it.

I believe the correct name for the console is "Colortran Gold Medallion" (I don't think there were any colors other than Gold). The was the successor to the Prestige 3000. I know there were at least two in Las Vegas at one time, though neither lasted very long before being replaced. Used an odd competitor to DOS known as OS9000, big in industrial control applications.

Keep Steve Short's number handy, as it's likely you'll need it.

Well, that's encouraging :)

Thanks for the site - I hope we don't have to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back