Colortran innovator power transistor help

Gage

Premium Member
Well, this is certainly a new one for me today. For as long as I can remember the Colortran Innovator 24/48 that's been used in my workplace auditorium has had something rattling around inside of it. Last week we finally updated to a newer console and I took the Innovator with me out of pure curiosity. I pulled the bottom panel off, and there is just a power transistor, heat sync and all, floating around in here. There are a few spaces on the board where it could go, as well as a few identical power transistors in the power supply. If anyone has pictures of their innovator internals, or by chance knows exactly where it goes, please let me know. Amazingly it's been working without it this whole time, but I'd like to put it back if possible.
IMG_20220303_124503.jpg
IMG_20220303_124508.jpg

This is just an educated guess. Since the console is working properly, the transistor is for some function that isn't used. It could be the dimmer control for the goose neck light jack. It could also be a series pass regulator for the handheld remote.

This is just an educated guess. Since the console is working properly, the transistor is for some function that isn't used. It could be the dimmer control for the goose neck light jack. It could also be a series pass regulator for the handheld remote.
Thanks, that seems to be the case. I ohmed everything out with a multimeter and there's a suspicious looking spot on the board that is part of the lamp circuit. I may try throwing it back in there and seeing what happens.
Would anyone happen to have the latest stable software version for this console, as well as the offline editor? I've tried many combinations through the wayback machine on both levitons and colortrans websites and they've all just led to dead links.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back