Colortran Programing Question

jyenish

Recently a thread was started in regard to the dislike of the Colortran Innovator. All hatred aside, I have two questions. Does anyone know the best way to program a set effect into the board? What is the best way to program a cue that fades up at a zero count and fades out at a three count?

What I mean is that there are a series of lights that need to follow one another (the actress is decending down a stair case and each step has a top light). Currently I have it programed as idividual cues. I know this works and is a pretty redundant way for the effect to work, but at the same time it would be sexy to have it be a single cue. Are a series of follow cues the best answer?

The second question is in regard to a cue in which a actor is being whipped. At the point where the actor is struck I would like the back light to flash on and then fade as the actor "grows accustomed" to the pain. Currently the board op will be sliding the sub up fast and taking it out slowly. At the same time this is happening each strike of the whip also corresponds with a special increasing in intensity? I can make it work right now, but I would like to rely less on my board op and more on sexy programming.

I appreciate any help that could be given to help me clean up these two sequences of cues.

First, are you pushing your cue limit on your board?... I would say with the step cue i would do the follows... remember it doesnt matter how it gets into the board, as long as it works.... And with the whip thing (what show are you doing??) you could write a cue with an uptime of 0 then do an imediate follow into a cue that take the same channel out at a given rate, as long as the performer does the same number of whips each night this shouldnt be an issue, but if the performer gets a bit zelous you might want to stay with the sub...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back