Comic Potential

meghan

Has anyone ever heard of this play or done it. I'm trying to find sound effects for it and I have no idea what to do.:oops: I have a list of cues from the script but the cues are really ambigious. Like one of the cues is music starts playing. I'm so lost for what to do. Thanks a million for any input.

Does anyone know any websites for soap opera sounding music? Thanks a million!!

~Meghan~

Has anyone ever heard of this play or done it. I'm trying to find sound effects for it and I have no idea what to do.:oops: I have a list of cues from the script but the cues are really ambigious. Like one of the cues is music starts playing. I'm so lost for what to do. Thanks a million for any input.
As a sound designer, it is your job to read the script and figure out how you and the director want the show to sound. Sometimes there is a reason that they don't tell you what music to use (copyrights and such). Read the play, figure out what the period is. What kind of music would you hear where the characters are? What was popular music during the period? What would the characters listen to? What does the director want to the show to sound like, does he have any input on music choices?

Answer those questions and put together some samples for the director. Find out what he likes and doesn't, and then move forward form there.

avkid's point was that sometimes you can call the licensing company, in your case Sam French, and they may have a list of music that was used in the show. They may even have the music that you can rent from them. Personally, though I think it would be much more beneficial and fun for you to design the show on your own.

Here on CB we try not to tell people what to do when they are designing a show, it should be your vision, not ours. We will happily help you through the process, but we wont tell you what songs to use or what colors to put in your lights. We try to help you learn to do that yourself. So keep asking questions!

My drama teacher doesn't want to give me input or anything. The day of my tech final he gave me the script and told me go work on it over winter break. The show hasn't even been cast yet, no rehersals nothing yet. Also I'm pretty new to designing sound for a play. I've only designed lighting at my school. Could anyone recommend some websites for sound effects. I've kinda got some ideas now after reading the script probably fifty times in the last couple of days and some input from other people. Thanks a million!!

~Meghan~

Its hard to find good sound effects free on the internet from personal experience.

What I would do is invest in a program that has professional effects for you, I'm sure you could find that just about anywhere online. However if someone does know a website I'm interested :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back