Communication with Sound 2 during live mix performances

Phone extensions may be an option for your IT guys to install (if you have any). That way it could use existing network infrastructure without requiring new cables to be run or terminated.

There is also a way to set up super users in teamspeak that can talk to all rooms on a server at once, think it's the whisper settings that do this, but was never set up to do it myself.
I fiddles with it yesterday and yes, it is the whisper settings. Would be great for many things. Though, IIRC anyone can whisper to all if they are set up as a group client sid. Just doesn't update to include new users.

Alright, here is my opinion on using any gaming chat for shows.

Teamspeak: Great program that provides realtime communication as well as amazing Audio quality, including the option for using 3D audio. The only down side is setting up a teamspeak can be time consuming and tedious if you want to make it as secure as possible.

Ventrillo: another chat program. I wouldn't recommend it, very low audio Quality.

Skype: don't even try, having any more then 3 people in a Skype chat can cause headaches.

Discord: This is a new program that is picking up steam. It's very similar to Teamspeak but free.

Wow, this threads really built momentum up and somehow I totally missed it all! I will have to have a proper read through tomorrow as it's getting late here! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back