Complete Packages

Minvox

Hey guys Im kinda new to the lighting realm and wanted some input.

I am putting together a package for a friend of mine that owns a club.
His budget isnt big seeing how it is only 5k.

So far what I have in my plan is:
Elation Show Designer1
6 Martin Mania SCX600

Because I have not really worked with movers much yet or with their boards I was hoping you guys could help me throw together a nice package for about 5k.

His venue's stage is about 20w10d and >15h and the total length of the room is about 40-50 ft deep with absolutely no ambient light.
He has the hazer so that does not need to be included.
His club ranges from Metal to Acoustic Guitar performances.

Pre-Thanks for helping me out!

Well, what you have there is right around $5K...

What does the lighting system need to do? Illuminate performers? Put on a good light show?

I'd say start with some good LED frontlighting - two or three of CB member BillESC's LED 420B fixtures. Excellent for frontlight, the fixture uses red, green, blue, amber and white diodes to get good color mixing for frontlight colors, and it uses the one-watt diodes which are powerful enough to provide a good front wash. Those are $600 or so a piece, I think.

Next thing is backlighting. I'd say Chauvet COLORdash Pars, as those look great in haze. Maybe 6 of 'em?

I think you're going to have to go for something cheaper in moving lights if you are going to have any. I don't think that your budget really allows for purchase of a good wash lighting package and moving lights. You could go with five SCX500s - those are a lot cheaper - but they'd still be able to push through the other lights enough. They're rather powerful for a 150W lamp.

So here's the package I'd recommend for around $5K
1x show designer (decent if you're going for a board-based operation)
2x LED420B for front wash lighting
6x Chauvet COLORdash Par for back lighting (narrower beams)
5x Martin SCX500 for your moving lights

Plus all of the cable necessary.

Back hanging position will alternate between COLORdashes and SCX500s.

Geez, I would love to get some club installs. Hard to break into it though I guess.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back