Compulite Vector

metti

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Compulite Vector series. I am seeing some good deals on the programmer and playback wings for Vector PC and I was thinking about picking up a pair of wings and an eport and putting together a system like that. Depending on pricing on the eports, it looks like I could get a system with a programmer wing, a playback wing, a computer, and a couple of touchscreens for around $5k which seems like a pretty good deal if the Vector system is any good. I have used Chamsys and Hog3 boards pretty extensively so ideally I would like to know how Vector compares to those types of units. I will be using it for a mixture of theatre work, small concerts, and corporate gigs. I would also be interested to hear what rough pricing on the eport is if anybody knows.

I've used it but not extensivley enough to give an opinion. I know some people absolutely love it but I don't have much of an opinion.

I'm sure there's an OLE that you can download and play with.

I've used it but not extensivley enough to give an opinion. I know some people absolutely love it but I don't have much of an opinion.

I'm sure there's an OLE that you can download and play with.
I did download Vector PC and have been futzing around with it although not enough to form any valid impressions. I would be interested to hear any comments that you have from your limited experiences even if they are caveated by your limited experiences.

Hi,

I am the Vector Trainer over here in the UK. I have access to a number of Vector consoles and even have one as my personal desk. (Vector Blue)

If you can get wings etc for that price, bite their arm off! They are usually quite expensive, mainly because they are Ethernet base unlike other competitors which are USB and the Vector ones are considerably larger, offering more buttons and in some cases, built in screens. If I am being honest, at first Vector requires a small learning curve, but once you are past that you see major benefits and tools at your disposal. You can set it up and have it operating similar to many other desks out there such as Hog, GMA, Maxxyz, Chamsys etc. Some of my favourite features of Vector are the easy to use Effects Engine, the built in Matrix/pixel mapping software and the brilliant views/layouts system.

As you are in the US, your distributor is Creative Stage Lighting. I highly advise you give them a call, speak to George Studnicky and ask him for a demo of either a Vector console, or just the wings. I am sure he will happily arrange something to suit your needs. Be sure to tell him Joe Bleasdale sends his regards from across the pond!

I know this is quite a bias post, but if you require any explanations about how the console works or how to get to a desired feature, please do let me know as I would be more than happy to assist you :grin:

Best Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back