Computer Based Lighting Control

LDSFX

It looks like I may be going to Oregon this summer to work at a newly-renovated "jewel-box" theatre. However, from what I hear the lighting system is definitely not up to par, so rather than bringing up a memory console in a road case on a plane, can anyone reccomend a good computer-based/USB dongle control system? Preferably, is there one available for Mac?

Thanks!

-Nick

ive never heard of one for mac.
this topic comes up all the time, do a search.

A number of users are running us under Virtual PC on Macs. I also know that Jands announced that they would be doing a native Mac version of their PC product a few months ago, but I haven't seen anything but the early Windows beta.

-jjf

For mac I have seen the LanBox-LCX. I am thinking of getting one for out school. I have not read enough about it though. I am looking for user reviews. It looks like it is a very powerful unit. Lots of options for connection. Any one here use it?

I've used the Horizon a couple of times at a dance studio. It's a slick system with easy to use software. One cool thing about it is it has optional add on wing pannel, so that you can add submaster sliders onto it. I programed some chase sequences and it was a little weird at first but once I figured it out it was really easy. I think it's a couple thousand bucks so the other examples listed above are a lot more reasonable.

Horizon's website is: http://www.horizoncontrol.com

tjbaudio said:
For mac I have seen the LanBox-LCX. I am thinking of getting one for out school. I have not read enough about it though. I am looking for user reviews. It looks like it is a very powerful unit. Lots of options for connection. Any one here use it?

I have used the lan box and its a nice piece of gear... it programs pretty slow because you have to input using the mouse/keyboard but for what it is its not to bad... you can download the software for free.... that fact it uses TCP/IP is a big seller for me... also you can use a palm (NOT pocket pc) is an added feature if you have one with 802.11.... for a grab and go operation its the way to go....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back