Concrete Sprayer

MNicolai

ETCP Certified Technicians
Fight Leukemia
So I have this industrial concrete sprayer. We don't use it often, but I've found that when I need to rinse things down with water, it makes my life a dozen times easier. It's a Chapin 1949 3.5gal sprayer, and I'm curious if anyone has used one of these before, or knows if it might work well with paint.

We do not have a dedicated paint sprayer in our scene shop, and for our next show I'm considering buying one, but if this will do the job, then I'd prefer to avoid making an additional purchase. What I don't want to do is load it up with paint only to clog it and find out it was not remotely designed to be used with paint.

The device in question doesn't look significantly different than a Hudson sprayer, so I suspect it would perform similarly. Be sure to thin the paint slightly, and strain it through a couple of layers of cheesecloth so as not to clog the nozzle.

Be aware that neither will give the same results as an HVLP, airless, or traditional spray gun.

Hudson-type sprayers are not a substitute for HVLP or airless sprayers, but the reverse is true as well. Hudsons are great for giving a spatter effect to large areas and are great for creating coarse gradients, like the kind you'd use for a sky drop. Two different and equally valuable tools.

So if I wanted to have a good compliment to the concrete sprayer, what would be a good sprayer to purchase to round off our inventory?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back