Condolences to anyone in the Midland MI area

BillConnerFASTC

Looks bad. I exchanged an email with one StageRight employee and some of their folks are in harm's way. My best wishes to those affected.

The other half has family and friends that live in the Bay City area. She showed me a video yesterday of a house floating around

Iowan here, went thru epic flooding, know how bad it sucks. Sending condolences your way. Stay safe, everyone!

I'm from Saginaw, downriver of all the flooding. Water levels were already near record highs since late fall, and this weekend's rain pushed it over the edge. That caused the Edenville dam to collapse, and the water is just washed out the berm of the next one downstream in Sanford.

I've got co-workers who live up in the area. One had to evacuate, another has lost power. The other issue is the large number of roads and bridges that have been washed out, making travel in the area impossible without hour-long detours.

We'll see if it gets bad where I am or not. The Tittabawassee (that's having all the trouble) is a tributary of the Saginaw River that flows about a mile from here on it's way out to the bay.

@Amiers Small world! I grew up in Bay City.

You prolly know my GF then. Abbey. Bar scene is small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back