Congo Jr Problems

Traitor800

So I havent been the one programing but im the one that alawys get yeld at when things dont work and the most recent thing is our new congo jr. The board froze 3 times today, two of the times where programing and the other was quick going fast through cues. Im just wondering if any when else has had similar problems and had a better idea of why it was happening. By the way im going to go reload the software tomm morning.

Contact ETC tech support. They're excellent. And they want you to keep using ETC boards, so they'll try their darndest to make you happy with the results.

ETC is legendary for their tech support. Call them. They say 15 minute response time any time any day. Here's the link to the tech support page.

Ive actually had mixed luck with ETC tech support, last year i had issues with an Expression 3 board that was freezing, and when I called them the lady I got was not very helpfull, all she had me do was do a hard reset, reload the software, and then when It froze again they sent me a new one, which Im not complaining about, but she also just wasnt very friendly, the guy i got last week though when i called was very helpful so I am probably going to call tomm. I was just wondering if any one else has had these issues.

Ive actually had mixed luck with ETC tech support, last year i had issues with an Expression 3 board that was freezing, and when I called them the lady I got was not very helpfull, all she had me do was do a hard reset, reload the software, and then when It froze again they sent me a new one, which Im not complaining about, but she also just wasnt very friendly, the guy i got last week though when i called was very helpful so I am probably going to call tomm. I was just wondering if any one else has had these issues.

ETC also has a tech forum where you can post questions. search for similar issues and ask for help. They get back pretty quick.

http://www.etcconnect.com/Community/forums/default.aspx

SB

The Congo is still, well, not really Beta anymore, but I have 2 friends who work for ETC as beta testers and they are still finding things that don't work with the Congo Jr and sending word over to ETC.

My advice would be to back up early and often, contact ETC, let them know, and they make thank you for finding a new bug.

(Of course, they haven't had it crash much, it may be an issue more personal to your console).

While she may not have been very friendly, I would call sending you a new console that fast outstanding tech support. Believe me I'm more than a little concerned about my Strand system when it comes to tech support. There is a long history behind the saying "Don't get Strand-ed". I'm hoping the Genlyte buyout will have some positive effects on their customer service department. The good news is I have a good relationship with my local Strand rep and she seems genuinely interested in seeing that I have a good experience with her product... hopefully that will continue after the products arrive.

A couple of things:

Be at the console when you call tech support.

Be able to describe what is happening right before the console crashes. (You don't post any of that information here, so it is really hard to help you with it. I.E. Does the console crash always when you do this one command or key stroke?) You say you aren't the programmer, so try and make sure that they are there with you when call tech support.

Remember that the console is a computer and there are several reasons that a computer can crash. There could be a bad spot on your hard drive, for instance, that every time the console comes across it, it causes it to crash.

The console is (usually) very stable and I have never seen it just repeatedly out and out crash like you are (very generally) describing. Tech support is there to help you and will do all that they can to do so, but try and have as much info available for them so that they can help you. The more info that they have to start with the better they are going to be able to help you with your problem.

Hi there -
It's unclear from your description exactly what the Congo jr was doing. If it simply appeared that no keys seemed to work any more, my suggestion is to press the ESC key a couple of times to see if that brings control back. It's possible that you have pressed a combination of keys that Congo doesn't know how to process. If you experience that again, it's helpful to us to know what you pressed (or were doing at the time) so that we can protect against that in the future.
If the console is freezing with an hour-glass displayed in the upper right corner of the screen, then that's something different and again it would be helpful to know what was being done just before that hourglass appeared...
I'm hoping that you did contact technical services and that they helped you out, though. Please report back -
Thanks much -
Sarah

Sarah Clausen
Controls Product Manager
ETC, Inc.

Sarah, welcome to the Booth. It is always goo to have some more knowledgeable people from major companies here. We usually direct new people over to the new member area, because we like to know something about everyone. Ask and answer questions, and once you get to know us, you may never leave!

Say hi to Karl Haas and Ben Smith for me, and once again, Welcome to CB!

The ETC customer service just gets better and better! Now they are joining the Booth to answer tech support questions!

So What happened? Did you get your problem solved?

Part of the probelm was I had no idea what was going on when the board froze, cause im running sound for this show and therefor im not at the light board, and the girl that was programing only knows that she was programing cues, but on Sunday, the board was fine for the entire 14 hour long day of programing, which was caused because the girl that was programing was only saving to one flash drive all saturday, and the flash drive was locked, so therefore none of the work done on Saturday was saved, and i have no idea why she never saved to the internal memory. Oh well, everything apears to be working now so I dont know why it was frezzing, oh and I didint even get a chance to reload the software cause the LD beat me in on Sunday morning.

Once again proving my adage:
"The problem is between the chair and the table!"

Once again proving my adage:
"The problem is between the chair and the table!"
I believe there is a real term for that Derek:

EBKAC (ebb•kack) - Error Between Keyboard And Chair

Users who are viewing this thread

Back