Hello,

I'm having a bit of a problem with some of my dimmers.. I work in a black box theater, where all the dimmers are ETC SmartBar's that are daisy chained together to an ETC SmartFade. There's a problem now, however, where some of the bar's (but not all) are not working. Not working meaning power is going to them but the dimmer isn't recognising a valid DMX connection... any thoughts as to what may be wrong?

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm having a bit of a problem with some of my dimmers.. I work in a black box theater, where all the dimmers are ETC SmartBar's that are daisy chained together to an ETC SmartFade. There's a problem now, however, where some of the bar's (but not all) are not working. Not working meaning power is going to them but the dimmer isn't recognising a valid DMX connection... any thoughts as to what may be wrong?

Thanks!
Comments:
Board is correctly soft patched?
SmartBars are correctly addressed?
DMX loop out of the last bar is terminated?
As a test, cable directly from the board to an unresponsive bar.
Post back. Control Booth's always got someone awake somewhere.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Comments:
Board is correctly soft patched?
SmartBars are correctly addressed?
DMX loop out of the last bar is terminated?
As a test, cable directly from the board to an unresponsive bar.
Post back. Control Booth's always got someone awake somewhere.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

I just patched everything so that shouldn't be the problem, but I'll check on the SmartBar. I'll give cabling the bar directly to the board as a test a try, thanks so much!

Some simple things to check.
Each smart bar (at least on my model) has an indicator showing it is receiving dmx. Is this lit?
Indeed are you sure each bar has power?
Could the failure vibe explained by a single cable failure? IE are all of the failed units "downstream" the dmx cable from the good dimmers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back