Control Booth "OUTAGE" 4a 01/30-6p 01/30

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
dvsDave, PLEASE do your best to not let this happen again! I was in the process of starting my own Derek's Alternative Control Booth, Or Dac-bee, as we call it.

So as most of you know, ControlBooth has been down since approx. 3:30am, Wed., 01/30/08 Las Vegas time. In the remote chance it never returns, GASP (just kidding), I am starting my own, alternative, methadone clinic for recovering CB addicts. My friends, and each of you I consider my friend, “Ladies and gentlemen, you’ve been a very special audience. It’s rare that we get an audience like you...” “This is Monticore, and he’s two years old, and this is his first time in front of an audience...”

Ask what you want, answer what you can.

DACB: Derek’s Alternative Control Booth.
We’re not satisfied, ‘til you’re not satisfied

Last edited:
The DNS for the site stopped resolving. It still isn't resolving for me from my ISPs DNS servers, but I've manually added it to my hosts file.

there was an issue with billing my credit card for the domain renewal, I called them to give them the new credit card info, and it appeared that they goofed the zip code and the payment didn't go thru. So I called them and spend close to three hours getting it straightened out (I bought the domain for the next several years just to lock it in)

Nevertheless, I was biting my nails down to the stumps as well.

I sincerely apologize and promise any future downtime to be scheduled well in advance to allow people to cache the site for browsing while it's being worked on.

Dave, You're the best. Thanks for getting everything back up so quick. I know it seemed like years to Derek, but it was really a very short outage.

Hardforum has been without it's search feature for a little over a week because it crashes the server, they have nearly 100,000 member and over a half million threads.... when that thing goes down people truly freak.

So is it safe to stick my toes in the water again?

I don't know what's going on, but I couldn't get access until about an hour ago.

I don't know what's going on, but I couldn't get access until about an hour ago.
I had issues from my work computer until about 10 this morning...which made tech this week nigh unbearable.

I figured it was just my luck that a forum that was/is actually worth paying attention to would go down for good weeks after I discovered it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back