Controlbooth vs SoundTrekkie

Alright, I deleted the past couple replies as they moved out of the realm of "safe" topics... which was where this thread was headed anyway, and that was my fault, and I apologize.

However, an interesting question was in fact brought up! When is the first annual ControlBooth conference?

To answer that... I have no idea. I've been dreaming about having one for years, but truth be told we don't have enough users to support one yet. Maybe we could do some local get-togethers for a meet-and-greet. If it was impossible for me to be there, I would happily tele-conference or even video conference in.

When is the first annual ControlBooth conference?
To answer that... I have no idea. I've been dreaming about having one for years, but truth be told we don't have enough users to support one yet. Maybe we could do some local get-togethers for a meet-and-greet. If it was impossible for me to be there, I would happily tele-conference or even video conference in.

Along with when would probably help if we figured out a where to go along with that... cause then people can start blocking out days from work.

Um... lets think about this... where is the largest gathering of technical theatre people in the nation... just a hint... its happening in houston in about 9 months....

Um... lets think about this... where is the largest gathering of technical theatre people in the nation... just a hint... its happening in houston in about 9 months....

Very good point, and my work will pay for me to go!

Sorry about getting a little too far off topic there Dave.

Yeah a Control Booth convention would be great but we are so widely scattered we are talking about getting people to commit to a trip across the country/around the world a USITT get together is a good idea. Doubt I'll be able to go next year but you never know.

Regional get togethers would be fun and a whole lot less expensive... So I'm proposing the first Pacific North West Control Booth Convention. When? Next time Sharyn is on a flight through Seattle to/from Alaska. Van and Sweetbenny can drive up and we'll all meet at an airport bar. That's about it... On second thought I think the USITT approach is a better one... none of us want's to end up drinking with Van in an Airport bar.

lol, imagine that

tons of sound and light and other tech's standing around talking,
if we had music, the sound tech's would say it's out of phase or not eq'd properly.

if we had lighting, the lighting people would spend all of their time talking about how bad the lighting design is and how they would change it.

as for the pyro tech's, well that just shouldn't be invited!

lol, imagine that

if we had music, the sound tech's would say it's out of phase or not eq'd properly.

if we had lighting, the lighting people would spend all of their time talking about how bad the lighting design is and how they would change it.

Yes, techies are always pessimists. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughesie89
lol, imagine that

Yes, techies are always pessimists.

My year 12 formal...me and another tech friend were both sitting our formal table...music starts...we both look at each other and know exactly what the other is thinking..."EQ THE **** SYSTEM"...lol.

so perfect example!

hughesie's theory should be written somewhere

"where ever there is a tech off duty at an event run by other tech, there will be chaos, and bad comments from off duty crew"
Hughesie's Law

true, too true

let's not talk about experiences we have had
*EVERY control booth member shivers remembering personal experiences*

Last edited:
How about:

"Wherever there is a tech off duty at an event run by other tech or no tech, there will be chaos and bad comments from off duty crew"

I edited your punctuation and I added "or no tech". How do you like it now?

Darn....

How about:
"Wherever there is a tech off duty at an event run by other tech or no tech, there will be chaos and bad comments from off duty crew."
I edited my punctuation. How do you like it now?

*Takes a shot...*
"Whenever there is an off-duty tech at an event, there will be technical chaos, invoking bad comments from said tech."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back