Controlling a Yamaha LS9 with qLabs

After doing some research for a third party device that would allow someone to control a Yamaha LS9 through qLabs, specifically the output routing of sound effects to certain speakers - to create a "surround sound" feel, which I know is something the LS9 does not support. Is there some way to connect an LS9 to a computer running qLabs and be able to control where the audio output goes, output channel wise, rather then it just being connected over one audio cable in essentially being controlled in one channel. Can I control the mix matrix in any way through such a device?

Thanks

All you need is a Mac running QLab, your LS9, a MIDI Interface (the M-Audio MidiSport has never let me down), and a MIDI Cable to connect from the Output of the interface to the input of the console.

You can do the entire thing using the LS9's scene memory - you make all of your mix/matrix changes, channel patch changes, etc. via the scene memory. You have QLab fire "GO" cues via MIDI to change the internal routing in the LS9 and there you go.

Why can't you just use a normal USB or FireWire audio interface (sound card) with QLab, which will show up as multiple outputs and let you do the routing in the software?

Why can't you just use a normal USB or FireWire audio interface (sound card) with QLab, which will show up as multiple outputs and let you do the routing in the software?
hat seems simplest approach providing you have a multi channel soundcard or audio interface and the inputs available on the mixer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back