Controlling LEDs with UV

LPdan

I recently patched 6-channel LED wash lights (RGBAW+UV) in Hog, and could not locate an appropriate fixture profile, so I patched them as 5-channel fixtures and manually addressed them to skip the 6th channel for each unit. However, this made me wonder how fixtures with UV are typically controlled. Seems like UV would not show up in a color wheel or gel-color options, so besides patching the UV channels to desk channels, how is this normally controlled?
Thanks!

If you can’t find your fixture in the fixture library.

Then.

Make your own profile?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You migh not find UV in the builder but if you assign it to something like Magenta you will know what it is for. I’ve never personally had to build a profile cause they library has always had what I need.

The only fixtures I've seen with UV put out a very visible purple. Yes, there are truly UV only LEDs, but they don't help make deep blue/purples.

I'm trying to remember how my SixPars work on my Element console. I don't believe the UV is accessible from the color picker. It can only be called up via the encoders (or virtual encoders in the case of the Element).

That's at least how I think it works.

Thanks for all the replies. So it's sounding like whether you had a profile, built your own, or did it manually, the RGBAW would be controlled normally and the UV channel would be broken out into a separate control. I agree that makes sense as to what you would want, I just never actually encountered this before.

Thanks for all the replies. So it's sounding like whether you had a profile, built your own, or did it manually, the RGBAW would be controlled normally and the UV channel would be broken out into a separate control. I agree that makes sense as to what you would want, I just never actually encountered this before.

Yeah it would be in the FX section or something if I built it personally. Wouldn’t be part of the color mix by any means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back