The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Controlling warehouse stock

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by NetBios, Jan 27, 2013.

1. NetBios

NetBios Member

Hi guys

How do you control and keep your warehouse stock updated? I'm looking for some kind of program that I can control our warehouse stock with.
    Like if we have 2 gigs one weekend, then I would like to assign the necessary equipment used to these two gigs, and then be able to see whats still at the warehouse.

Hope you guys can help me.
    Kind Regards.

2. len

len Well-Known Member

I'm thinking a bar code system with hand held scanners. I don't have any experience with them, but I'm sure there are several good brands out there.

3. ruinexplorer

ruinexplorer Minion CB Mods Premium Member Fight Leukemia

Projectionist
    There are several rental organization programs out there depending on your needs. It sounds as if you have a smaller operation and may not need to invest in bar code scanners, but I may be wrong. It has been a few years since I have worked in the rental industry, so I can't say which is the best. Here are a few:
    Rental Tracker - Rental Software - Website Main Screen
    Audio Visual Rental Store Software, AV Rental Management Software, Rental Management Software for Audio Visual Industry
    AVRentalDB
    RentalPoint Software : Audio Visual : Audiovisual Staging : AV Equipment Rentals : Sound Lighting Hire : Audio Visual hire : Lighting Party : Prop Rental : Computer Rental Software : Rentp.com
    R2 Rental Software for the Equipment Rental and AV Industry

4. MPowers

MPowers Well-Known Member

Quick disclaimer here, I work in engineering and installation, so I really don't know how well or not this system works. Our rental division uses a program called Hire Track. It allows you to assign and track rental units, crew and vehicles and other aspects of event planning.

5. viking33

viking33 Member

I've set up a system to track over a thousand piece art collection going to different shows, galleries, or the owners house using QR codes and cell phones. Takes a good amount of time to build the system database but you wont have to buy anything new assuming you have a smart phone.

Blassiter likes this.
  6. willbb123

willbb123 Active Member

7. mark ronsonal

mark ronsonal Member

I have been using Alert Easy Pro. I'm a iPad addict, and their mobile inventory manager works great. You can use it from your smartphone or tablet, it really increased productivity for us.

Their site is over at http://www.alert-ims.com

8. TimmyP1955

TimmyP1955 Active Member

If anyone finds an RFID scanner that will read through a road case, message me.

9. K Miller

K Miller New Member